Chapter 29: The Legendary Super Saiyan (Part 1)

(A Few Days Later)

Yamcha was immediately suspicious of the Saiyan Paragus and his son Broly, but he remained quiet until finally Marorizu noticed that he was acting odd and asked: "Yamcha, you're acting kind of weird. Is something wrong?" Yamcha leaned in, pointing at Broly with his thumb. "No, it's just... I've got a bad feeling about him." Marorizu nodded. "I know what you mean. He's glaring at Kakarot." "Huh?" Yamcha looked over. Broly was indeed staring at Goku, who was speaking with Trunks. Broly's mouth moved a little, and Yamcha caught the word he uttered: "Kakarot..."

A few hours later, it happened. Broly began to walk towards Goku, muttering "Kakarot... Kakarot..." He turned into a Super Saiyan, but Vegeta did as well. "Oh no, you don't! Kakarot is mine to defeat!" He rushed forward and kicked Broly in the neck- and nothing happened. Vegeta leaped backward, shocked. "W-what..." Broly then transformed further. His hair stood up and grew wildly, turning yellow-green as well. His pupils disappeared, and his eyebrows also turned yellow-green. He grew several feet taller, and his muscles bulged. Broly landed on the ground and began to laugh maniacally. Once he finished, he pointed at Goku. "Kakarot... I'll start the carnage with you!" He charged while Vegeta, who was behind him, fell to his knees in complete shock at Broly's power. Broly was about to attack Goku when Yamcha tackled him out of the way. "Goku, get out of here!" "But Yamcha-" "Broly wants to kill you! Let us handle him while you come up with a plan!" Marorizu ran forward as Broly skidded to a stop, and she turned into a Super Saiyan. "Go, Kakarot! We can take him!" 

They found out very quickly that they could not take him. Goku left just in time, and Broly charged towards Marorizu and Yamcha. Yamcha quickly shouted "Kaio-ken times 20!" and a red aura surrounded him. Broly was already practically on top of them, and as he attempted to barge into them, Yamcha and Marorizu leaped out of the way and turned. Then, they both fired an energy blast as they turned in midair. The blasts apparently scored a direct hit on Broly, and the impact sent up smoke. But suddenly, Broly came rushing out and headed straight for Yamcha. Yamcha was so surprised that he couldn't react, and Broly grabbed him by the face, still flying forward. 

Broly lifted Yamcha into the air, then slammed him into the stone path underneath and dragged him through it for a while. Broly hurled Yamcha towards the forest on both sides of the castle wall-like stone path, and Yamcha went tumbling through the woods, sending up a dust cloud and smashing through several trees. Broly skidded to a stop, tearing up the stones in his path, but as he was doing so, the giant Saiyan held out a hand and fired a small, green energy blast in Yamcha's direction- but it was going slowly.

Yamcha woke up, rubbing the back of his head. "I don't believe it... that power's insane!" Yamcha looked up, and his eyes widened. "That's not good." Yamcha looked up higher at Broly, who was still grinning maniacally. Yamcha looked back down at the blast, which seemed to be going very slowly. Yamcha's expression turned confused. "Why is it-" The blast reached him, and Yamcha watched in slight shock as it crept towards him. Wait a second! Yamcha tried to back up, but Broly squeezed his hand into a fist, and the seemingly tiny energy blast exploded.

The explosion was so strong that it created a green dome over that area of the forest, then exploded, which made the entire sky turn a shade of green. Marorizu's eyes widened. "Y-Yamcha!" Broly laughed an insane laugh, then turned to Marorizu. "You're next!" Marorizu clenched her teeth. "You'll pay for that!" 

She charged and kicked Broly in the neck, but nothing happened, and the behemoth grabbed her leg. He reeled back his arm, then flung Marorizu into the forest, straight into Yamcha, who was just getting up. Broly prepared another blast as Marorizu and Yamcha shakily stood up, and he fired it. But right before the blast reached Yamcha and Marorizu, a blue orb of energy slammed into it and sent it flying away. 

Yamcha and Marorizu looked over to see Vegeta as a Super Saiyan, his hand outstretched in the fashion of the Big Bang Attack. He was scowling. "No one hurts anyone of my bloodline and gets away with their life." Marorizu smirked, despite the situation. "Why, Vegeta, I didn't know you cared." Vegeta clenched his teeth. "Oh, shut up." He stood beside Yamcha and Marorizu as Broly rushed down towards them, when suddenly Yamcha got an idea. 

He glanced at Vegeta, then Marorizu. "Hey, guys, you up for a little game of tag?" Vegeta glanced at Yamcha. "You're suggesting that we flee?" Yamcha shook his head. "No, I'm not... Ugh. Just... think of it as luring him somewhere else, OK? I have an idea." Vegeta grudgingly agreed to do so, and Marorizu nodded. Then, the three of them flew off. 

The trio flew towards a ruined city and they were about to enter when the building in front of them exploded. The rubble fell around them as Broly hovered in front of them, grinning. "There's no escaping me, worms!" He charged, and Yamcha, Marorizu, and Vegeta instinctively split up. Eventually, they regrouped in a clearing and all faced Broly, who was charging towards them. Yamcha cupped his hands in a Super Kamehameha fashion. Marorizu did a Galick Gun stance. Vegeta spread his arms, beginning to charge energy for a Final Flash.

"Ka... me... ha... me..." "Galick Gun..." "Final..." The group all fired their attacks at an approaching Broly. "HAAAAAA!" "FIRE!" "FLASH!" The three energy waves seemed to swirl around each other until they became united, and they nailed Broly. The following explosion was so massive that it sent the city up in smoke and lit up the entire planet, practically blinding everyone for a moment. 

Away from the city, on a cliff, two figures stood and watched in surprise as the explosion went upwards. One of them spoke. "If that guy isn't dead, I'm going down to help." The other one just replied with "Hmph. Suit yourself, but I think I'll save my energy for a little later." The first speaker nodded, then flew off towards the city. 

Yamcha, Vegeta, and Marorizu all lowered their arms, breathing heavily. Marorizu placed her hands on her knees. "I think we... did it." Vegeta nodded, but Yamcha wasn't so sure. "Is it me, or was that a little too... I don't know. Fast?" Vegeta snorted. "It's just your mind, Earthling. If you ask me, he should've died quicker." 

Suddenly, a familiar voice rang out. "Who, me?" The trio all stepped back in shock as Broly emerged from the smoke, still grinning an insane grin. "I will not die so easily, fools!" Vegeta's eyes widened. "Impossible! N-nothing could've survived that!" 

Broly charged, slamming his shoulder into Vegeta and sending the Saiyan prince flying. Marorizu and Yamcha both looked back in shock, and Yamcha exclaimed "Vegeta!" Broly wasn't waiting for them to turn- he blasted Marorizu in the back, sending her into the cliff, near Vegeta. They both fell to the ground, reverting to their base forms. Yamcha quickly evaded Broly's first attack, but then the giant Saiyan grabbed his leg and slammed him into the ground. Then, after dragging him through the dirt, Broly flung him away towards Marorizu and Vegeta. Vegeta was out cold, but Marorizu managed to crawl towards Yamcha, and she grabbed his wrist. Under different circumstances this would've made Yamcha blush, but it didn't do that in the slightest now. 

Yamcha was about to lose consciousness when he saw someone land in front of him. He managed to look up. "Tien?" The three-eyed warrior nodded and helped Yamcha up, handing a Senzu Bean to him, one to Marorizu, and one to Vegeta. "I came here to help out." Marorizu nodded, and Vegeta spoke his signature greeting: "Hmph." Tien rolled his eyes, then turned around. "Let me try." "Tien-" Yamcha began, but he was too late- Tien charged. "Wait, man!" Tien wasn't listening- he rushed forward and punched Broly in the forehead, only for the Saiyan to not even flinch. Tien's eyes went wide. "Huh?" Broly punched him in the chest, and Tien tumbled to a stop. Yamcha helped him up. "See?" Marorizu and Vegeta turned into Super Saiyans, and all four of them prepared to face Broly when they got a big surprise.