Chapter 53: The Fruits Of Training

"H-holy crap! That's incredible, just what kind of training did he do?!" Goku exclaimed. "What?!" Vegeta was just as shocked. Frieza's pink/purple aura died down a bit, and then Yamcha managed to open his mouth. "Jeez... Frieza's serious this time around!" Goku quickly regained his grim expression. "I'll tell you this, you're no pushover, that's for sure. If you weren't rotten to the core, you'd actually make a perfect sparring partner for me. What a waste of talent." "That's just the sort of small-minded drivel that makes your existence so intolerable." Frieza replied. Goku shifted his feet and powered up, and Frieza smirked. "Go on. Channel that Super Saiyan glow I hate so much." Goku also smiled confidently. "To be honest, Frieza, I'm not so sure I need to yet." "Well, well, well. Our monkey's wearing even bigger britches now." "That's right." "Hmph. Fine. The black-haired Goku's head will look just as good on my wall." Frieza's expression became a focused one, and he took a fighting stance. So did Goku. A tiny rock clattered to the ground. Everyone's eyes widened.

Suddenly, both warriors charged forward, clashing elbows. Frieza threw a downward punch. Goku leaned back and dodged it. Frieza threw a straight punch at Goku's face. Goku just pivoted on his foot to avoid that. Then, he crouched and punched Frieza in the gut, sending him flying into a nearby cliff. Through the smoke, Frieza emerged, charging out towards Goku. They clashed again, with the sheer power of their attacks causing the ground under them to crumble and rise into the air. Finally, after some more clashing, Goku landed a punch to Frieza's face. However, it wasn't a decisive blow, and they kept fighting. The crater around them widened and widened. Eventually, Frieza shot up into the sky, and Goku followed. Then, they continued to battle, with Goku getting in yet another shot to Frieza's face, then grabbing his arm and hurling him into the ground. However, just like at the cliff, Frieza immediately raced back up to continue the fight. But even though his speed and strength were both incredible, Goku still didn't take one hit. The rest of the Z-Fighters watched in complete awe. "How is that possible? Frieza's more monstrous than ever, but Goku hasn't taken a single blow!" Piccolo exclaimed. Marorizu just rolled her eyes. "I'd expect nothing less of a fellow Saiyan." 

Goku slammed Frieza's back with both hands, sending the tyrant hurtling down into the water. But as the waves subsided, a red energy blast rocketed towards Goku. He quickly countered with his own yellow blast, but hundreds more appeared, and Goku was forced to begin deflecting them. Some strayed towards the group, but they either dodged or deflected those blasts. Suddenly, Frieza appeared above and behind Goku, and he raised his hand into the sky. "Take THIS!" Frieza screamed, firing a massive energy ball down at Goku. Goku turned around fully and shot a Super Kamehameha, then yelled in effort as he powered it up, causing the blue wave to begin pushing the orb back up towards Frieza, who blocked but was still sent flying into the air, above the clouds. Goku flew up and they traded a few more blows until finally Vegeta clenched his teeth. "Grrr... that's it, I'm going up there!" He blasted off into the clouds, but a minute later he flew back down, apparently satisfied. Goku and Frieza followed soon after, landing a fair distance away from everyone. "They're coming back down, but I can't tell what they're up to." Piccolo said. "I think I've got an idea of what they're doing." Yamcha replied. Everyone looked at him, and Master Roshi asked "Well, then, my student, what do you think they're planning to do?" Yamcha grinned as he watched the wind surrounding Goku start to swirl around him. "I think that they're both gonna go all-out now." 

Goku raised his fists to the sides of his body, and his new fighting clothes (which he had gotten from Whis) began to flow with the wind. All of a sudden, a blue-and-white aura blocked out his figure, and his hair began to stand up. His whole body was covered by a cyan shell of energy, until finally it began to crumble away, starting from his boots all the way up to his hair, which was now standing up in the classic Super Saiyan way, except this time it wasn't yellow- it was a bright blue, just like Goku's eyes were now as well. Goku smirked. "Well, here it is. What do you think?" Frieza smirked, although just a moment ago he had looked completely shocked. "So what is this, Super Saiyan with blue hair dye?" Goku chuckled. "Heh heh. It's a little more complicated than that. You don't have the patience for the full story, so let's just say I got a taste of something called Super Saiyan God, and now I've learned to tap into that power on my own, without anyone else's help. This is the Super Saiyan form of that." Frieza narrowed his eyes. "So this is a Super Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God yet it is not a Super Saiyan God or a Super Saiyan but is instead the Super Saiyan version of a Super Saiyan God? You really need to work on your explanations, Goku. I nearly bit my own tongue just trying to say it!" Goku's confident smirk remained. "Alright, Frieza, I've gone all-out. Now it's your turn." Frieza unfolded his arms. "Very well. Allow me to show you the reward I gained from my training." Suddenly, Frieza began to power up, and a golden-yellow aura surrounded him. The aura grew wider as he raised his energy more and more, and the ground below began to crumble away. A blinding golden light blinded everyone, and when they could finally see again, Frieza had changed. The portions of his skin that had once been white were now a solid gold color. Frieza smirked. "Ho ho ho! I know gold's a bit gauche, but I wanted to make sure that you grasp my new position atop the universe's pecking order. And for the sake of your feeble mind, I'll keep the name simple as well. Just call me Golden Frieza."