Chapter 27: Up To Speed

"Ugh... my head." Yamcha muttered as he woke up. He found himself laying on the back seat of a bus, with Trunks driving (barely). Everyone looked back, and Krillin grinned. "Hey! You're awake!" Yamcha nodded. "What about the androids?" Krillin seemed to close up at the mention of them, and Yamcha knew that Android 18 had kissed him on the cheek. "I woke up and tried to talk them out of finding Goku, but they just left." Yamcha nodded again, then noticed two people were missing. "Where are Vegeta and Piccolo?" Tien explained. "Well, Piccolo left saying he had to do something important, and Vegeta... well, he just flew off angrily." Yamcha sighed. "Sounds typical of him." Gohan, Tien, and Krillin laughed, and even Trunks cracked a smile. 

Later, Yamcha was in a field training moderately when he heard a voice call out "Busy?" Yamcha stopped throwing punches and and turned around. Marorizu landed on the ground and walked up. "Kakarot is resting in his house. His wife is giving him that medicine." Yamcha nodded, then leaned forward a little. "Chi-Chi's scary." he whispered. Marorizu snickered, but she nodded. "True." Yamcha laughed. "Thanks for dropping Goku off." Marorizu shrugged. "I couldn't just let Kakarot die on all of us, now, could I?" "I guess." "So, how did the fight with the androids go?" Yamcha's expression fell. "Not good." Marorizu clapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, cheer up. They let everyone live. Besides, there's lots of time to get stronger." Yamcha nodded. "That's fair. Anyway, why'd you come here?" "I was bored just sitting around at Kakarot's house, so I decided to go and talk with someone. Not my brother, because, well, you know, he's a jerk. And I don't know anyone else that well." Yamcha blinked in surprise. "So you came to, uh, me?" Marorizu smirked. "I wouldn't have, but you're the only person I really know besides Vegeta." Yamcha looked crestfallen until Marorizu snickered. "I'm joking. You're so gullible, Yamcha!" "Oh! Uh..." Yamcha's face turned red, and Marorizu laughed.

"So, how is your relationship with Bulma going?" Yamcha sighed, sitting down in a huff, and Marorizu sat down beside him. "What's up with you, Yamcha? Ever since Bulma and you grew a little distant, you've been awfully quiet whenever someone mentions her." Yamcha sighed again. "It's nothing. Bulma and I... we were boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time, but we broke up a while ago." Marorizu's expression softened a little. "Oh." She swatted his arm in a friendly way. "Well, on the bright side, there's probably plenty of other girls out there who would love to date you, right?" Yamcha smiled, shaking his head. "You know, when it's put that way, you make me sound like a cheater. Alright, I'll lighten up." Marorizu nodded. "Mission accomplished."