Chapter 34: Hidden Power Revealed

The Cell Junior reeled back its foot, preparing to kick Yamcha again, then swung its leg forward- and Yamcha stopped it. He stood up, holding the greatly surprised Cell Junior upside down. Yamcha didn't even speak- he shouted in anger and raised the Cell Junior into the air, then slammed it into the ground. The Cell Junior was still too shocked to fight back, and Yamcha let out a furious roar, raising it into the air again, then slamming it once more, dragging it sideways through the ground. Then, he hurled it into a rock and mentally triggered the current max level of his Kaio-ken. The Cell Junior stood only to get smacked across the face, and Yamcha turned, not even waiting to see it tumble across the floor. He pivoted on his foot, glaring at the Cell Junior which Goku was facing. The little, blue-skinned clone of Cell faltered once it noticed Yamcha glaring at it, and it stepped back. Yamcha raced forward. 

He ran up to it in a flash, then slid for the remaining distance baseball-style. Once that was over, Yamcha grabbed the Cell Junior by the leg and, while still sliding, he spun it in the air, then flung it into a boulder. He helped Goku up, and Goku was so surprised that he struggled to speak. "Y-Y-Yamcha... you j-just..." Yamcha nodded in acknowledgement, then turned towards the Cell Junior which was fighting Marorizu- or more accurately, beating her into the dirt. Yamcha charged forward, and the Cell Junior turned, throwing a punch- but Yamcha caught its fist, then raised it into the air, slamming it into the ground. 

Then, he leaped into the air and fired a volley of energy blasts down at the Cell Junior. He landed on the ground and began to punch it repeatedly, shouting as he did. "NO MORE! I'M NOT LETTING YOU HURT MY FRIENDS ANYMORE!!" He threw another punch when suddenly the Cell Junior caught his fist and began to beat him to a bloody pulp- the Kaio-ken had worn off. Yamcha took the first few hits, until the Cell Junior kicked his broken arm. Yamcha screamed in agony, and the Cell Junior landed an uppercut to his jaw. Then, it kicked him in the stomach, continuing the assault. Marorizu shook off her surprise and rushed forward to help, but the Cell Junior which had been kicking Yamcha in the ribs earlier got in her way. 

"TRI-BEAM, HA!" Tien shouted. The Cell Junior he had been fighting blinked in surprise, then became shrouded in smoke. It appeared to have been killed. Tien almost collapsed, panting, when suddenly the Cell Junior appeared from the smoke, with its hands forming a triangle. Tien's eyes widened, and the Cell Junior grinned. "Tri-Beam, HA!" Tien was hit by his own technique, and he went flying, eventually stopping against a boulder and groaning in pain. 

Meanwhile, Yamcha was getting beaten so badly that he could barely hang on to consciousness. The Cell Junior punted him around like a soccer ball, then eventually punched him across the face, and Yamcha went flying into a boulder, smashing through it. He struggled to his feet when he realized something- the Cell Junior wasn't continuing its attack. W-why did it- Yamcha realized something else at that moment as well. All the sounds of battle had stopped, except for one- Gohan shouting in rage. 

Yamcha collapsed onto all fours, then looked over to see Gohan's Super Saiyan aura flare upwards. Then, with one last, furious scream, Gohan transformed, reaching the next level of Super Saiyan- Super Saiyan 2. Yamcha grinned weakly. "Well... would you... look at that..." Then, Yamcha collapsed, laying sprawled on the ground yet again, and he passed out.