Chapter 52: The Cavalry Arrives

"Why can't you stay dead, huh?" Yamcha asked. Frieza laughed. "Oh yes, I remember you clearly now. You're that accursed Earthling who actually kicked dust on me during my search for the Namekian Dragon Balls. This time, I'll make sure to blast you into tiny pieces. That's sure to make Goku upset." Marorizu scowled. "Hmph! I should've known that you'd only be after Kakarot this entire time." Frieza narrowed his eyes when he noticed Marorizu. "Yet another surviving Saiyan? Come to think of it, you have a similar aura to Vegeta's... One of delusion and arrogance!" Yamcha scoffed. "That's funny, the same could be said about you." Frieza redirected his attention back to Yamcha. "I'd forgotten about your feisty attitude, Yamcha. But make no mistake: once I am done with you and Goku I will destroy this pathetic dustball of a planet and everyone on it!" "Oh, yeah? And how did that work out for you last time you came to Earth, huh? You ended up as a pile of smoking ashes scattered to the wind!" Yamcha retaliated. Frieza sneered as he rose from his pod and whacked it with his tail, sending it flying and crashing into several soldiers on its journey through the sky.

"Don't think I haven't learned from my past mistakes! I have been training intensively for the past 4 months since I was revived." Frieza landed on the ground, his tail flicking back and forth. "And this time, Yamcha, you will be the one cast into the afterlife!" The battlefield was silent, until finally Yamcha flicked a drop of sweat from the side of his face. "Heh... you're a lot stronger than the last time we fought, Frieza, there's no question about that. But it's been a really long time and in case you didn't notice, I've gotten much stronger myself. And as a matter of fact, so has-" The sound of Instant Transmission being used suddenly could be heard from behind Yamcha, and he whirled around to see Goku and Vegeta. 

"Y-you guys! Well, it's about time! You know how long-" Goku laughed. "Hee hee hee... Sorry about that, buddy, but I had trouble finding any energy signals from Earth until you used the Kaio-ken." Frieza smiled. "The guest of honor is here at last! I've been waiting such a long time for you." Frieza looked over at Vegeta. "I didn't think I'd see Vegeta here, too. But monkeys do travel in troops. All that really matters is that I finally get to have my revenge on you!" Goku's eyes narrowed and his expression became grim as he stared down Frieza. "I thought we were done with you for good, Frieza. How did you come back?" "His lackeys used the Earth's Dragon Balls. It was about six months ago. Isn't that right?!" Piccolo explained. "It was poetic using Earth's dragon to escape from Earth's Hell. You can't possibly imagine the tortures I experienced there." Frieza mused, "I spent most of my days dangling from a large tree in the middle of a flower field, constantly being harassed by cute little creatures and serenaded by teddy bears who were always waiting for their next warm fuzzy hug!" 

Ginyu placed a hand on his chest. "I feel your pain, Lord Frieza! I too, was forced to endure torture like none these idiots could ever comprehend!" He turned towards Goku and Vegeta. "Me, the great Captain Ginyu, turned into, of all things, a frog! You can't possibly imagine the torment I had to go through..." "How unfortunate for you." Vegeta said, and in a flash he charged forward and vaporized Ginyu with an energy blast. "Hey!" Goku protested. Vegeta folded his arms. "Hmph. I was only preventing his interference in our fight with Frieza." "But, Vegeta-" "Enough!" Frieza shouted.

No one said a word for a good ten seconds as Frieza clenched his fists, his eyes wide and wild. Eventually, Goku responded: "Well, don't go trying to push that on me, Frieza. You're the one who came to Earth looking for a fight. That's the only reason Trunks took your life." "I had to come here, that's what you don't understand! Because I'll never be able to sleep in this cosmos knowing that I share it with you." Frieza's eyes narrowed. "Your death is my remedy. That's why I've been training intensively for the past 4 months since I was revived, to make sure I don't lose to you again! Having to put a real effort into anything was a first for me, Goku. I'll make sure you suffer for that, too!" Goku smirked confidently. "You may be a lot stronger than the last time I saw you Frieza, there's no question about that. But as Yamcha was saying before Vegeta and I got here, we've all gotten a lot stronger, too!" Frieza scowled. "The first time we fought I made mistakes, and you caught me off guard! To make sure that doesn't happen this time, I'm going to take my final form from the start!" Suddenly, Frieza began to power up, with the ground beneath his feet cracking apart. Yamcha's eyes widened, and Goku turned around to face the others. "Get back, everyone! Run!" Everybody jumped back to a safe distance, but all of Frieza's soldiers (except for the round-headed one from earlier) weren't so lucky- they were killed by Frieza's aura. The evil emperor gave a scream of effort and finally transformed, then looked up, now fully in his final form.