Chapter 16: Arrival

Piccolo! Thank Kami! Yamcha felt surprise from Piccolo. Yamcha? Where are you and Goku? Yamcha replied: Goku and I are in healing tanks, courtesy of a big mess involving a guy named Captain Ginyu. Anyway, just hold Frieza off until we heal! Yamcha sensed grudging agreement from Piccolo.

After some time, Yamcha felt Frieza's power rise even further. Oh, come on already! Frieza began to shoot Piccolo rapidly with Death Beams, until finally Gohan became furious again. He charged and aimed a kick at Frieza's neck, but Frieza managed to dodge in the nick of time. Undeterred, Gohan charged up a Masenko so powerful that Yamcha wasn't sure if he felt the rumbling from sensing the energy or if the entire planet was shaking. Gohan fired, and he was about to overwhelm Frieza when he ran out of energy at the last minute, and Frieza managed to deflect the blast. Piccolo, using the remainder of his strength, shielded Gohan from the attack.

Right at that moment, Yamcha's timer began to go off. He burst out of his healing tank, then blasted off. Yamcha clenched his teeth. This is bad... Goku still hasn't healed. He quickly landed on the ground near the others. "Guys!" The group looked over, and Krillin, Gohan, and Piccolo's expressions brightened. "Mr. Yamcha! You finally healed!" Gohan exclaimed. Yamcha grinned. "Man, it felt like forever since you were up and about!" Krillin said. "Hmph. I guess I should thank you for saving Gohan back on Earth." Piccolo said reluctantly. Yamcha nodded. "I couldn't let you die in vain, man." Piccolo folded his arms. Yamcha glanced over at Vegeta, who just scowled, turning away and folding his arms.

Frieza finished transforming and looked over. He noticed that there was another person there, near the four pests. "Well, look at that. Another ant crawled from the hill." The new arrival looked at Frieza in determination. "You're going down, freak."

Yamcha prepared to fight Frieza. So, this is Frieza, huh? It's the first time I've gotten a good look at him. Yamcha was about to charge when Vegeta stepped in front of him. "You stay back, Earthling. I'll do it! For I am the Super Saiyan that Frieza has feared so much!" Yamcha sighed. Vegeta has to die in order for Goku to have the proper incentive to fight Frieza... it's just like Krillin... Vegeta charged and attempted to fight Frieza when suddenly a broken infinity symbol appeared on Frieza's forehead. A dark purple aura surrounded him as well, and Yamcha stepped back in surprise. "Again?!" Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo all looked at him. "What do you mean, again?" Krillin asked. Piccolo's expression turned grim. "The same thing happened when you, Goku and I fought-" "Raditz." Yamcha finished.

Frieza didn't waste any time toying with Vegeta- he crushed the prince in two blows. Vegeta stood up, then blasted high into the air. "Grrr... I'll show you why it was a mistake to underestimate me!" He charged up a Galick Blazer. "I AM A SUPER SAIYAN! AND YOU CAN BURN IN HELL, FRIEZA!" He fired the attack. But as it approached Frieza, the infinity symbol on his forehead disappeared. The aura still remained, and he deflected the attack with a casual kick. Vegeta barely dodged his own blast when suddenly Frieza slammed him into the ground and began to torture him. He wrapped his tail around Vegeta's neck and punched him in the back repeatedly until finally Yamcha couldn't stand to sit by and watch anymore. "THAT'S ENOUGH!" He charged in and kicked Frieza square in the jaw. Vegeta fell to the ground, clawing the dirt and coughing blood. "Don't... don't be stupid, Earthling... If I couldn't... hurt him, then what chance... do... do you have?" Yamcha glanced down at Vegeta. "Just rest. Let me cut in." He faced Frieza, not waiting for a reply.