Chapter 62: The Amazing Mountaintop Sparring Match (Part 1)

The group was having dinner at a restaurant. While the others ate at a normal pace, Goku and Marorizu (being Saiyans) gobbled down bowl after bowl of food, with Marorizu eating noodles and chicken while Goku ate shark fin soup. Yamcha watched his friend feast in quiet shock. "Man... At this rate, he's gonna drive the entire population of sharks to extinction." he muttered. Marorizu laughed. "That's true." She went back to scarfing down her own meal. A conversation started about what to do with the remaining time they had before the Tournament Of Power, when suddenly Goku perked up and turned in his seat to face Gohan and Piccolo, who had walked into the restaurant. Marorizu looked up from her food. "Hm? Oh, Gohan. Piccolo. Good to see you two." Gohan nodded, then looked at his father. "Dad, please train with me. I want to test my new strength." He directed his gaze towards Yamcha and Tien. "Yamcha, Tien, can you join as well?" Tien and Yamcha looked at each other, and Yamcha gave a thumbs up towards Gohan. "Sure thing." Tien glanced at him, surprised. "Huh? Er... Alright, Gohan." Marorizu looked up again. "Hey, I'll participate, too." 

They all prepared to battle on a flat mountain that represented the ring. Piccolo stretched while he explained the rules. "Alright, everyone, here are the rules. This fight is a triple tag-team match. You're disqualified if you fall out of the ring. The Tournament Of Power is a battle royale. Team coordination will be important, and we're here to practice that." Tien looked down at a stretching Goku. "Goku, since we're all fighting in the tournament, it'd be best if we didn't injure any of the others." Goku smirked. "I think we should be the ones worried about injuries, Tien." Tien grimaced, looking a little confused, and Goku looked up at him. "Come on: we're fighting Gohan and Piccolo, who are an amazing master-student combo team. Marorizu and Yamcha are a great wife-and-husband duo. We should be on our guard." Tien apparently got the message, nodding grimly. "Got it." Goku finished warming up and took a fighting stance, and Gohan also got ready. Everyone else did as well. Suddenly, as Goku and Gohan zeroed in on each other, the rocks around the feet of all the warriors began to rise into the air. Tien faced Goku again. "H-hey, this is just a practice fight." "I know." "Do you really?!" "Here they come!" Tien quickly faced the others, but nothing happened.

Gohan and Piccolo stared down Goku and Tien, and the master and student began speaking silently to each other- they knew each other so well that they could practically communicate through their gazes alone. Without a sound, they agreed to immobilize Goku and Tien, then focus on Yamcha and Marorizu for a bit. The rocks which had been hovering in the air all fell to the ground. Tk, tk, tk. BOOM. A shockwave of invisible energy burst around Gohan and Piccolo as they rushed up to Goku and Tien, with Piccolo quickly kneeing Tien in the gut and Gohan punching Goku's stomach hard enough to make him gag. As the two of them were momentarily out of commission, Gohan and Piccolo appeared in front of Yamcha and Marorizu, beginning to fight them. Yamcha battled Gohan, trading blows with him as they moved across the mountain, with small craters being made in their wake each time they neared the ground. Finally, Yamcha threw a hard kick, which Gohan blocked with both arms, though it did send him back a few meters. Yamcha was about to pressure him when suddenly Piccolo appeared in front of Yamcha, preparing to backhand him across the face, but Marorizu appeared behind Piccolo. "No, you don't!" she shouted, turning into a Super Saiyan and grabbing Piccolo by the arm with both hands. She spun him around in a circle a few times, then tossed him into the air. Piccolo recovered, stopping himself and looking down only to see that Marorizu was gone. He heard a voice behind him: "Hey." Piccolo whirled around to see Marorizu preparing a Galick Gun. She smirked. "I've got a present for you: an extra-powerful Galick Gun!" She fired the attack, and Piccolo barely managed to block it in time, although it did force him backwards. Marorizu charged and continued to pressure Piccolo, until eventually she got ready to throw a hard punch- and Goku caught it, turning Super Saiyan to do so. 

Marorizu smirked again. "About time, Kakarot. I was wondering when you'd decide to jump into the fight again." Goku grinned, releasing Marorizu's fist. "Hee hee... Wow, Marorizu! Yamcha wasn't kidding when he said you'd been training just as hard as he's been! I'm getting fired up!" He went Super Saiyan 2, and electricity began to crackle around him. "What do you say? You wanna go at full strength?" Marorizu's smirk only became larger. "Oh, I went beyond Super Saiyan 2 a while ago- and not by achieving Super Saiyan 3. I've done it in my own way! But I guess I could take it a bit slow for now." She powered up into Super Saiyan 2 and began to fight with Goku. Meanwhile, Yamcha threw a punch, which Gohan caught. Gohan attempted to knee Yamcha in the ribs, but Yamcha blocked that and raised an eyebrow, his expression confident. "I saw that one coming! If you think you can beat me without showing at least a little bit of your full power, you're mistaken!" Gohan's eyes narrowed and his frown deepened. "I can see that now. Which is why I'm going to stop holding back!" He quickly leaped backwards and shouted as he powered up: "HAAAAAAH!" A white aura blazed to life around Gohan, and his eyes sharpened. His hair flowed as if it was caught in a breeze. Yamcha grinned, though he was nervous. "Bring it on, Gohan!" Yamcha prepared to charge when suddenly Goku appeared and glanced over his shoulder at Yamcha. "It's my turn now, Yamcha. Sorry!" Then, he proceeded to elbow Yamcha in the gut hard. Goku quickly turned his attention back to Gohan and then rushed forward to attack.