Chapter 68: Krillin Steps Up

"T-they actually went through with it?!" Krillin exclaimed. Tien looked like he was about to start yelling at the Omni-Kings, but wisely decided that that wouldn't be wise. "I... I don't believe this." he rasped, looking like he had just seen a ghost. Yamcha was also shaken. "Wait, if we lose... then is that gonna happen to- to us?" Marorizu hit him in the back of the head. "Don't go saying things like that! We're going to win this!" Yamcha nodded, trying for a grin, though it probably looked more like a pained frown. "Y-yeah! Right. Besides, the tournament is far from over!" Marorizu nodded approvingly. "That's the spirit." "Continue!" the Grand Minister shouted. 

"If you don't mind, I'd like to go off on my own for a little bit." Marorizu said, walking off without waiting for a reply. Yamcha shook his head, laughing quietly until Krillin landed next to him. Yamcha glanced at his friend. "What's up?" "Oh, nothing much. Just- look out!" Yamcha looked up to see a large red ball of energy hurtling towards them, and he stepped forward. "Don't worry about it, man." He easily canceled it out with his own invisible energy blast, then looked over his shoulder at Krillin. "Y'see? We're fine!" Krillin heaved a sigh of relief. "Whew... Yeah, I guess so." The fighter who had attacked them was a winged bird-like humanoid, and he wasn't done. "Hey! There's more where that came from!" he squawked, firing energy waves from his mouth. Everyone jumped out of the way, trying to avoid the attacks. Krillin dodged two in a row, then landed on the fighting stage. "Lord Beerus said I should just try to run from strong opponents until the tournament ended. But..." Krillin grinned, raising his hand into the air, palm facing the sky, "I'm not one to be underestimated, no matter who my opponent is!" 

A yellow disc of energy, with razor-sharp edges, appeared above his hand. Krillin's grin widened. "Here's something special, just for you!" He tossed the Destructo Disc forward. "Destructo Disc Triple Blade!" Suddenly, the energy disc split into three, all rocketing towards the aerial fighter, who was from Universe 10 and named Zium. Zium yelped and barely dodged all three, but Krillin fired a Scattering Bullet attack- a large, slow wave of energy that seemed laughably useless at first, but it was controllable. And it could split into many smaller, much faster energy waves. Which is precisely what Krillin had it do: he steered the attack upwards, and Zium easily dodged, chuckling. "What was that supposed to be?" Krillin smirked. "That was the first part of your exit." "Eh?" Zium looked up, and his eyes widened as Krillin threw down his hands and a lot of small, quick energy beams rained down on Zium. He dodged a few, but one grazed his wing and sent him totally off balance, opening him up for all the remaining waves to nail him and begin to send him tumbling down towards the fighting stage platform. 

But Krillin wasn't done, and he cupped his hands at his side. "And here's the clincher! Kamehameha!" He quickly threw his hands forward, and although Krillin's Kamehameha was only a standard one, Yamcha noted that it was still plenty strong enough to send Zium flying off the stage. And send him flying off it did. Krillin smiled and lowered his hands, placing them on his hips and looking at Yamcha. "Well?" he asked, grinning, "What did you think of that, huh, Yamcha?" Yamcha smiled, raising an eyebrow. "Not the way I would've done it, but I gotta admit, that was a pretty impressive display." Krillin rolled his eyes, and 18 walked up, hands in the pockets of her pink-and-white tracksuit. She nodded at Yamcha, then smiled a small smile down at her husband. "That's the way. Yeah, not bad." Krillin looked like he was about to cry tears of joy. "W-wow, 18! T-thanks! Seriously, it means a lot!" 18 snorted. "OK, that's enough, Krillin. You're welcome." Krillin laughed nervously. "Uh, sorry. It's just-" "Krillin!" Krillin shrunk under 18's gaze. "A-alright, alright." Yamcha folded his arms. "OK, Romeo and Juliet, there's still a lot more people to take out, remember?" "Yeah, like you, if you call me 'Juliet' one more time." 18 growled. Yamcha's eyebrows nearly achieved orbit. "OK, OK! Jeez, 18." He closed his eyes and lowered his voice to a mumble, bending over to whisper in Krillin's ear: "If Marron turns out to be anything like her mother, then you're in for some real trouble, Krillin." "What?!" 18 demanded. Yamcha stood up straight faster than The Flash could run and held his hands out in front of him. "N-nothing! I said nothing!" 18 narrowed her eyes but she let it drop. Krillin almost cracked a smile, but managed to contain it. "OK, 18, Yamcha. We had better stop fooling around and get back to fighting!" Both 18 and Yamcha nodded at that.