Chapter 49: Antics In The Otherworld

The Earth had just been blown up by Majin Buu, who was now much smaller, deadlier, and way more evil. But Yamcha? He had already died. Why? Had he tried to fight Buu? No. Earlier, before the Earth was blasted to smithereens, Yamcha was on the Lookout with everyone else while Gotenks fought Buu in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber- that is until Buu appeared out of nowhere and turned everyone present except for Dende (a young Namekian who had been made Guardian of the Earth in Kami's place) into chocolate. Then he had eaten all of them- including Yamcha. 

Now Tien, Krillin, and Yamcha were in Otherworld. Gohan (who was actually alive and had gotten his latent potential unlocked), Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks were back on Earth, and so was Dende, who also had the ability to heal people of even the most severe injuries. They didn't know where everyone else was. Most likely, the others had gone to heaven, the place where normal people went after they died- people who hadn't done anything majorly heroic or evil. Krillin was distraught over Android 18 not being in Otherworld, but eventually Tien managed to calm him down: "Krillin, I'm sure Android 18's soul is fine. While we're in Otherworld, how about we go see King Kai?" Krillin managed to steady his breathing and nodded. "Y-you're right. Marron's probably with 18, so it's all good." 

They met up with King Kai a little later- at least, Krillin and Tien did. "King Kai!" Tien exclaimed, "How are Goku and Vegeta doing against Kid Buu?" King Kai frowned. "I'm not even able to sense their energy, so I don't know if they're alive or not..." Krillin stumbled backward. "I-it can't be! King Kai, if Goku and Vegeta are dead... then does that mean... you're gonna send us to fight Buu?!" King Kai's grimace deepened. "I doubt there's any other choice." He turned to face them. "That is the only reason I asked King Yemma to let you three keep your bodies in the first place, since you three are the only ones left who stand a chance against Buu." 

Suddenly, he perked up. "Wait! I can sense Goku and Vegeta's energy signals again! They're alive!" "Alright! That means they can still battle Buu!" Tien said with a smile. King Kai nodded. "Indeed. However, that means you three probably won't get your turns." Krillin laughed nervously. "Get our turns nothing. Wait- if that's the case, will we be turned into ordinary spirits?" King Kai chuckled. "No, no. You three have helped save the Earth many times. I will allow you to stay here and train just like Goku does." Krillin and Tien were both extremely happy. 

Krillin turned. "Yamcha! This sure is great news, isn't it- Huh? Yamcha?" He took a step forward, looking around. "Yamcha? Where'd you go?" Tien glanced around the area. "Now where did he run off to?" The sounds of a fight filled the air, and shouts could be heard- in Yamcha's voice. "Huh?" Tien and Krillin both asked simultaneously. Suddenly, Yamcha appeared over Grand Kai's mansion rooftops, fighting with two Otherworld warriors named Olibu and Gorilla, the former of which could've beaten Super Perfect Cell in one hit. 

"Wow... what's gotten into him?" Krillin wondered aloud. Yamcha blocked a blow from each fighter, landing on the side of a building, then bouncing forward and kicking both of them away. They both got back up and charged, but Yamcha was ready for them- he blocked one of Gorilla's attacks and punched him in the face, then dodged an attack from Olibu and kicked him in the jaw, sending him flying. He continued to fight the two until eventually he landed a flying double-kick to their chests, which sent them tumbling to the ground and collapsing in a heap. Yamcha landed nearby as they got up and walked away, chuckling good-naturedly. Yamcha waved at them and smirked. "Thanks, guys!" He turned to Tien and Krillin, pumping his fists. "Yeah! This is great! Did you guys see that? Those two couldn't even lay a finger on me! My blood's been running for a good group of warriors to fight for the past seven years, and right now it's boiling hot with excitement!" His smirk widened as he took a fighting stance. "Well, Tien? Krillin? You two up for a friendly match?" Tien and Krillin took their fighting stances. "You bet!" Tien replied. "A three-way fight, huh? Well, let's give it a go!" Krillin said. Then, their sparring session began.