Chapter 103: A Few Tricks Left

So there we were, on the ground, unable to move as Jiren looked down at us.
"17..." Goku said.
"So, he sacrificed himself to save you four. Ridiculous." Jiren said.
I gritted my teeth and balled my fists. Stand up. Come on, stand up! You're not going to go out like this, are you? I kept asking myself.
The answer was no, so I struggled to my feet while taking deep breaths. I tried to get a few more breaths in before I looked up at Jiren. "What would you know about doing something like that?"
Jiren scowled. "You still stand?"
"It's what I do best."
"You will never win."
A small grin came across my face. "No... but I can lose over, and over, and over until the tournament's over. I only need to keep you busy until time runs out, or at least until my friends and my wife get enough time to rest. But I think I'll settle for knocking you off instead."
Belmod laughed. "Ha! You, a mere Earthling, could never defeat the likes of Jiren!"
I looked up at Belmod with an expression that read are you serious? "Hmph. I've been playing spectator for the entire tournament despite the fact that I'm not a spectator. Everyone either always dealt with their situation before I could help or they told me to stay out of it. But you know what? I'm kinda glad everyone kept me out of their fights, because I've got more than enough energy left to last. And..." I took a different fighting stance than my usual one, with the blue wolf totem of the Wolf Fang Fist surrounding me. "I'm not out of tricks just yet." I finished. 

I made the decision to use a special little creation of mine at that moment, so I stood normally again, clenched my fists and started to power up. "HaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAH!" My normal, white aura shot up around me until I finished powering up and the aura disappeared.
I looked Jiren right in the eyes. "Kaio-ken... times 60!"
The crimson aura of the Kaio-ken burst to life around me, but then I began to yell out as the aura slowly began to compress and shrink.
Well... I say it was slow. What I mean is that to me or one of my friends, it seemed slow. It also probably seemed slow to Jiren. But for a normal person, like you, well... you wouldn't be able to process any of this. I'd be doing all of it too fast. No offense.
Anyway, the Kaio-ken aura slowly became smaller and more intense as I kept yelling and manipulating its energy. Finally I finished and around me was a smaller yet much more fiery aura of red.
I closed my eyes, grimacing in concentration.
Jiren began to speak: "No matter-"
"Ah, hang on, hang on." I said, holding up one hand, "I'll be with you again in a few moments. And... now!"
I opened my eyes, which gleamed under the red glow of my aura, and the aura itself became a lot more active, with its flames becoming more like the aura of the Super Saiyan Blue form- instead of a spiky, flaring aura it was more... fluid? I'm not sure how to describe it. Anyway, I took one more deep inhale, then slowly exhaled. "There we go." 

"This isn't the normal Kaio-ken." Tien remarked, "Yamcha's energy is much more focused and contained inside than before. He's not letting it flood out like with the normal technique."
"Is this one of his special moves he's been hiding or something?" Krillin asked.
Yamcha overheard and grinned up at his friend. "Actually, this has been in the works for quite a while. I just never had the nerve or a reason to use it until now."
Then he looked at Jiren. "This is the Kaio-ken technique. It's basically an energy multiplier. I learned it a long time ago alongside Goku with King Kai. But while Goku stopped improving his Kaio-ken once he discovered the Super Saiyan form, I had to rely on it when I trained to not fall too far behind instead of relying on any transformation. So thanks to that, I can take my Kaio-ken multipliers to way higher heights than Goku ever could!"
"Y-you don't have to be mean about it..." Goku muttered.
"Sorry, buddy." Yamcha replied, "Anyway, what you're seeing right now isn't actually your run-of-the-mill Kaio-ken. It's a variation that I made all by myself. What I do is contain the aura of the Kaio-ken and all the energy that comes with it inside my body. It takes a lot of focus, so I only used this once before the tournament, just to see if it would work. And it looks like I've got it in check! So while before I let my energy just flood out, now I can focus it inside myself, enhancing all my fighting traits even more!"
Yamcha took the different fighting stance again, and this time the wolf totem was red. His focused expression was momentarily replaced by a tiny grin. "Now, let's get this show on the road!"