Chapter 82: Goku Goes For Broke

"Yamcha's right! It is the Spirit Bomb!" Krillin shouted. "Why did Goku return to normal?" Tien wondered aloud. "As a Super Saiyan, no matter the level, he can't gather energy because of the maliciousness that gathers in his heart." Krillin explained. "Sorry, everyone!" Goku yelled, "But I need you to lend me your energy! As much as you can! Please!" "Sure thing, buddy!" Yamcha replied, and a white glow surrounded his body as his energy was donated to the attack. "Use my energy!" Gohan shouted. "Mine too!" Piccolo said. They both raised their arms into the air and began to glow. Android 17 smirked as he and 18 raised their arms side-by-side. "You can have our energy." he said. "Take as much as you want." 18 remarked. Frieza chuckled. "Hm hm hm. So it's that attack. I have nothing but bad memories of it. Very well, go ahead and take my energy." He raised his hand up. "The energy of the great Frieza!" Marorizu shrugged. "Fine, fine. Here you go, Kakarot. But you'd better put it to good use!" Yamcha smiled at his wife. "That's the spirit. Tien, you gonna help, or what?" Tien smirked. "OK, here goes nothing." Vegeta, however, didn't oblige to Goku's request. "Tch! Damn Kakarot. I'm not helping!" Energy began to flow from everybody (except Vegeta) and a blue orb formed above Goku's hands. The orb began to grow larger and larger. "Thanks, everyone!" Goku yelled. Then his expression became grim. "It's not enough. It'll take too long to gather all the energy." "I'll wait." 

Goku looked down at Jiren. "Huh?" "I said I'll wait. That's your special attack, isn't it? Come with all your strength!" Goku smirked. "Heh heh. That's generous of you." "He takes his enemy's greatest attack and crushes it with overwhelming power." Khai said. Belmod smiled. "That's Jiren's style. Isn't it riveting?" "I'm a little worried, yes." the angel from Universe 11, Marcarita, said. Ribrianne peeked out from behind a rock and smiled. "He's open from behind. I'll send him some sudden love." She formed a heart with her hands and held it in front of her mouth. "Pretty Can-" she was then blasted away by a Galick Gun. Vegeta lowered his arms and folded them. "Hmph. Ridiculous. Hurry up already, Kakarot!" "Here, Goku!" Krillin exclaimed, raising his hand into the air. Master Roshi did the same. "You can take as much of my energy as you want!" "I see. That's quite an interesting attack." the God Of Destruction from Universe 1 noted. "I didn't expect warriors of this caliber in lowly universes." the God Of Destruction from Universe 5 remarked. "This fight is worth watching." the God Of Destruction from Universe 12 declared. The Spirit Bomb continued to grow.

Goku's expression went from a grimace to an ear-to-ear grin. "Here it comes!" he shouted joyfully. Then he looked down at Jiren as the Spirit Bomb finally finished charging. "Jiren, don't regret giving me the time." Then he threw his hands downward and the Spirit Bomb headed directly towards Jiren. Goku kept pushing it down. "This is our Universe 7's Spirit Bomb!" The attack reached Jiren and stopped, and the entire fighting stage began to shake violently as Goku's final ace in the hole clashed with the strongest warrior in all the universes. Suddenly, the Spirit Bomb began rumbling more violently, and it slowly got pushed back up towards Goku because Jiren was forcing it to do so... with only one hand. "You're kidding..." Goku said. "Impossible! It's getting pushed back!" Piccolo exclaimed. "Even though Dad has more than enough stamina!" Gohan added. The Spirit Bomb crept back up towards Goku, who eventually lost patience: "Dammit!" he shouted as he went Super Saiyan Blue. This made Jiren use both hands. But no matter how hard Goku pushed, the Spirit Bomb kept going towards him. 

Goku clenched his teeth. "Kaio-ken times 10!" The Spirit Bomb froze in place, but it was still only a few feet away from Goku, who looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel from the strain. "Grrrr... ARGH! Kaio-ken times TWENTY!" The Spirit Bomb finally began to go towards Jiren, until he began to shout, expelling more power. "No..." Yamcha uttered, "No, no, no..." "Yamcha? What is it?" Marorizu asked. Yamcha could only stare as the orb began going back towards Goku, who shrieked in rage and defiance as he pushed with everything he had... and was slowly swallowed by the Spirit Bomb. "Don't lose faith yet! Look!" Tien suddenly yelled, pointing upwards. "Huh?" Yamcha looked up to see... Goku still fighting against the Spirit Bomb. Everyone gaped in awe as Goku shouted and pushed back. Now Yamcha began to cheer. "That's it, Goku! Keep it up! Don't give in!" Jiren didn't seem worried, though- he lowered his arms and his eyes widened. Now they glowed blue for an instant. The Spirit Bomb began to go towards Goku again, who looked like he was going to pass out. His arms began to fold in, but he kept pushing with every last ounce of power he had left. And under the combined pressure of Goku and Jiren's power, the Spirit Bomb began to... shrink? 

"Wha- why is it getting smaller?" Marorizu demanded. Then it burst back to full size- and became bigger. Then even bigger. And then, the entire stage began to viciously shake. Goku was still screaming in effort as he tried to push the Spirit Bomb. "It appears Goku is at the limit of his limit. Meanwhile, Jiren seems to be far from his full power." Whis said. A few seconds later, the Spirit Bomb began to shrink again. It became tinier and tinier, and then... it became a black hole. And Goku fell right in.