Chapter 70: The Female Saiyans Of Universe 6 (Part 1)

Yamcha noticed that Goku was having a bit of trouble fighting a Yardrat (the alien species which also existed in Universe 7 and taught Goku the Instant Transmission technique) from Universe 2, so he bid Krillin and 18 goodbye for the time being and went off to help Goku out. But soon he realized he didn't need to go assist his friend- because as the Yardrat appeared behind Goku and got ready to attack him, one of the female Saiyans from Universe 6- Caulifla, Yamcha recalled -leaped forward out of the smoke surrounding them and knocked the Yardrat away. Goku turned around, surprised. "Huh? Oh, it's you two again. You looking for a fight?" The other female Saiyan from U6, Kale, walked up and timidly stayed back as Caulifla faced Goku. "Hey, old man. They call you Son Goku, right? You changed into a Super Saiyan form I've never seen before." "You mean Super Saiyan Blue?" "Forget the name. Teach me how to do that. And as a show of gratitude, I'll beat you up while in that form." "Sis!" Kale protested in a slightly louder voice, "That's not a sign of thanks!" Goku thought about it for a moment. "Hmmm... Let's see, what to do..." 

Caulifla smiled, raising an eyebrow. "What? Are you scared or something?" Goku laughed. "Nah. I just don't think you're ready for Super Saiyan Blue yet." "What?! Are you mocking us?" Caulifla demanded, clenching her teeth. "OK, fine! I'll show you an amazing transformation! Just watch this!" Caulifla went Super Saiyan, but then she began to power up further. Every muscle in her body seemed to double in size, and her hair grew a fair amount longer, spiking out in all directions. Yamcha walked up to Goku's side and arched his eyebrows when he noticed the form Caulifla had taken. "Well, look at that. Just like Trunks back during the whole Cell crisis, huh? What do you think, Goku?" Goku smiled uncertainly. "Honestly, I'm not sure what to think." He faced Caulifla again, who had completely finished her transformation and was now getting ready to charge. "Check it out! You scared yet?" she taunted. Goku arched his eyebrows. "Heh heh... You're an interesting one." Caulifla quietly said something to Kale, then shouted again: "Let's fight one-on-one, old man! Show me what you got!" Goku pivoted on one foot, a smile spreading across his face. "Sure! Come at me!" Caulifla charged forward, attacking with a few punches, but Goku dodged all of them, then stepped behind her and shoved her forward with one hand. Caulifla looked up and back towards Goku and Yamcha. "Why'd I miss?!" "You traded speed for power." Goku explained. Caulifla clenched her jaw. "Dammit! You'd better not underestimate me!" She tried to stand up, but struggled to even move. "Oh, and that form isn't exactly good for long fights." Yamcha chimed in. Caulifla scowled at him. "What would you know about it, huh? Aren't you just an Earthling?" Yamcha rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but I've seen Goku here turn Super Saiyan a bunch of times. He showed me that form once. It's super strong, but it's slow and depletes your stamina too quickly." Caulifla winced in effort, then powered down back into a Super Saiyan. Goku nodded at Yamcha. "Right, Yamcha." He looked at Caulifla. "I wouldn't recommend using that transformation." Caulifla turned around and faced him as Goku continued. "The form you should really be aiming for right now..." he quickly went Super Saiyan 2, "...is this!" Caulifla's eyes became as wide as coasters. "That form... That's it!" She ran up and grabbed Goku's arms. "I've only done it once! Ever since, I haven't been able to transform into it again!" "R-really?" Goku asked. "Is it about the back? Making it feel all tingly and everything?" Yamcha stared at her blankly. "S-say what now?" Goku gave a confused grin. "Ah ha ha... I think you mean concentrating your energy into one specific point?" Caulifla nodded. "Yes! That!" "Hey, Goku!" Beerus called. Goku looked over. "Stop fooling around and defeat her already!" Beerus shouted. "Aw, don't be like that, Lord Beerus. Things are just getting a bit more exciting!" Goku protested. Caulifla let go of Goku's arms and stepped back. "So, if I try to recreate that..." She began to power up. 

Caulifla pushed her energy higher and higher, and sparks of electricity began to crackle around her. Yamcha looked very surprised. "Whoa, she's actually doing it?" Caulifla finally yelled again as she pushed her power to the limit and beyond, and she did it. She achieved Super Saiyan 2. The female Saiyan studied herself, flexing her arms and hands. "Not bad! My power's overflowing now!" Even Goku looked very impressed. "Huh... Not bad! I gotta be honest: at this rate, you might even achieve Super Saiyan 3 sometime in the tournament." Caulifla looked amazed. "T-there's a 3?!" Goku nodded. "Yep. But first you should master Super Saiyan 2." Caulifla frowned, looking down at her open palms. An idea seemed to cross her mind, and the frown on her face became smaller. She looked up at Yamcha. "Hey. Scar-face." "Uh... 'Scar-face'?" Yamcha repeated. Caulifla nodded at him. "Yeah." She raised her hand in the fashion of Krillin's Destructo Disc, but instead of a yellow razor-sharp disc of energy, a small red twinkle of energy appeared above her palm. She made a fist around it and aimed her fist at Yamcha. "I think I'll test this new power I've obtained..." she opened her hand, revealing a red energy attack charging up, and Caulifla smiled wickedly as she finished her sentence: "...on you!" Then, she fired a large, red energy wave directly at Yamcha's face.