Chapter 20: Home Again

Yamcha watched as the spaceship almost exited Namek's atmosphere when suddenly he vanished, along with Gohan and Piccolo. Looks like Dende made his wish. 

"WHOA!" Yamcha found himself falling towards the ground, and he landed in a pond. Everyone jumped back in surprise. Bulma ran out of the spaceship and helped him up. "Are you OK, Yamcha?" Yamcha nodded. "Yeah." Gohan came out carrying Piccolo, and Dende quickly healed him. Piccolo stood up, and Yamcha nodded towards him. Bulma's expression turned worried. "Goku..." Yamcha looked in the direction of Planet Namek. Even though he was worried, he knew that Goku would return. "He'll be fine. After all, this is Goku we're talking about." Bulma nodded. "I guess you're right." 

Tien and Chiaotzu emerged from the smoke, surprised looks on their faces. They quickly realized that they had been revived and laughed with joy when suddenly Launch pushed her way to the front of the crowd. Tien and Launch locked eyes in silence for a few moments until finally Launch tackled him in a hug. "Tien! You're back!" Tien's face turned bright red as he tried to pry Launch off. "Y-yeah, looks like I am..." Yamcha grinned, and Bulma laughed. Chiaotzu watched in minor shock as Tien stumbled around, Launch hugging him and holding on so tightly that he couldn't even shake her. 

Krillin stumbled out of the smoke and looked around, then grinned. "I-I'm back!" Suddenly, Yamcha leaped from the crowd and tackled Krillin with a hug. "MAN, it is good to see you again!" Krillin squeaked "Can't breathe." and Yamcha quickly backed away. Krillin took a deep breath, then looked over at the others. Tien and Chiaotzu grinned, and Bulma beamed. 

After the little celebration, Yamcha saw Piccolo standing in the corner, leaning against a tree, his eyes closed and his arms folded. Yamcha turned to Bulma. "I'll be right back." He walked off towards the Namekian.

"Hey." Piccolo opened his eyes and looked over at Yamcha. "Need something?" "Yeah. I need for you to join the party. And before you outright refuse, look." Yamcha then pointed at Gohan, who was playing Pin The Tail On The Donkey. The son of Goku was stumbling around, laughing as everyone cheered him on. Piccolo's expression softened, like rock rather than steel. "I... guess it couldn't hurt." He walked off towards Gohan, and Yamcha went back to Bulma. They watched as Piccolo shouted directions at Gohan, until finally Gohan managed to pin the tail, and everyone cheered. Bulma smiled. "Well, would you look at that." Yamcha nodded. "Seems like Piccolo decided to have some fun for once." 

At dusk, Yamcha sat out on a hill, watching the sunset when Puar sat down next to him. Yamcha nodded towards his best friend, then looked back at the lowering sun. And as he watched as the sky turned orange, red, and pink, with the yellow, huge sun setting, Yamcha had to smile. I've come so far. He looked around at everyone else as they just simply enjoyed themselves. I just hope I can prepare for the long road ahead, too. Then again, before I traveled back, I thought it was gonna be long, but these first few do-overs have gone by so quickly. 

Yamcha's smile became bigger, just a little bit. Suddenly, Bulma walked up, and Tien, Chiaotzu, and Krillin sat down next to Yamcha. Gohan ran up. Yamcha glanced down the hill at Piccolo, who was reluctantly walking up after him. Gohan sat down, and so did Bulma. She rested her hand on Yamcha's, and Piccolo stood behind them all. The group watched as the sun hit the horizon, and Yamcha felt a light breeze go by. The scene was so peaceful that it almost didn't feel real.

But it was.