Chapter 38: Cosmic Crisis (Part 1)

Yamcha leaped from rock to rock in the lava-filled chamber he had been sent to, searching for any energy signal. Eventually, he decided to just look around until he found something, and so he walked through the chamber, swinging his arms until a puff of steam spouted upwards a few feet away. Yamcha squinted. Is that a person in there? Indeed, it looked like there was someone behind the smoke. Yamcha called out. "Uh, hey, you! You must be my opponent!" The smoke began to clear, revealing a girl with long, curly, orange hair, bluish-green skin, and blue eyes. She fingered the tooth attached to her necklace, a small smile on her face. "Hm. About time a decent one showed up." 

Yamcha stepped back in confusion. "Huh? What do you mean?" The girl didn't answer his question, she just ran her hand through her hair a little, still smiling. "I'm so bored... Care to fight?" Yamcha blinked, still confused, but he took a fighting stance. "I'll warn you right now: I'm not one to be underestimated. Besides, you must be pretty confident of your skills if you think you can take me on." The girl smirked. "I'm not one to be taken lightly, either." Suddenly, she crossed her arms in front of her eyes, and her hair began to rise. 

She jumped into the air, past Yamcha, who whirled around to see her turn and throw a kick. Yamcha caught her foot and threw her towards a rock, but she caught herself and did a backflip, landing perfectly. Her hair lowered back down, and she pivoted on her foot, turning to face Yamcha. 

"A nimble one, aren't you? Let's see if you're quick enough to dodge this." Suddenly, she fired a pink energy ball at Yamcha, but he swatted it aside. Yamcha glanced back and watched as the blast went flying through the air, until it collided with a large rock and blew up. Yamcha began to look back towards the girl when suddenly he saw a foot coming towards him. Yamcha quickly ducked, then punched the girl in the stomach, and she tumbled backward. Then, she landed on her hand, jumped, and landed on her feet. "Well, that was an interesting way to pass the time. Thank you." Yamcha smirked and raised his eyebrow. "Oh, I'm not done yet." The girl smiled. "Unfortunately, our fight can't continue." "Giving up, eh?" The girl laughed. "No, no." 

Suddenly, she vanished, and before Yamcha could react, the girl appeared in front of him and kneed him in the stomach. Then, she punched Yamcha across the face, following up with a blast to the chest. Yamcha went flying, slamming against a rock, and he fell to the ground. He began to black out when the girl landed in front of him. He managed to look up, and she smiled down at him. "Lights out." Then, she slung Yamcha over her body in a fireman's carry, and Yamcha lost consciousness.