Chapter 65: The Tournament Of Power Begins At Last!

They arrived on an enormous fighting stage, and apparently their team (Team Universe 7) was the first to arrive. But soon, the other universes began to gather as well. Goku looked around, amazed by the sheer scale of the arena, and Yamcha whistled as he glanced around. "Wow. Talk about setting the stage!" Tien nodded. "I know what you mean. This structure is huge!" Suddenly, they heard a voice call out- Cabba's voice. "Master Vegeta!" Vegeta looked over at Cabba, who walked up with two female Saiyans behind him. Cabba gestured toward the two girl Saiyans. "This is Caulifla, and this is Kale." Kale looked shy, while Caulifla seemed confident. She smirked. "Ha! If this is all Universe 7 has to offer, I don't know why you were so worried about fighting them, Cabba!" Yamcha raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, well, you don't look like much yourself."

Goku walked up and attempted to shake Caulifla's hand, but she just swatted it away. "Get real! We're here to decide who's the strongest in all of the universes. As if I can be all buddy-buddy!" Goku nodded. "You're right." "Hey!" Marorizu called as she walked over. She eyed Caulifla and Kale up and down. "Well, now, that's a surprise. But it's always nice to have a few other fellow girls to relate with." Caulifla's smirk returned. "I agree that another girl is always a good thing, but I doubt you could land a hit on me, old lady!" "Old lady? Listen here, you arrogant little street punk-" "Whoa, whoa, you two. The tournament hasn't even started. Let's be a little more civil here!" Yamcha said nervously as he stepped in between them. Both Saiyan ladies glared at him now, and Yamcha smiled nervously. "Come on! There's no reason for us to stop keeping this conversation friendly, right?" Marorizu sighed. "Fine, fine." Caulifla folded her arms. "Hmph! Whatever, Earthling. I'll beat you up soon enough in the tournament." Yamcha whirled around to face her. "Huh?!" He realized what she had said and heaved a sigh. "Tch... Listen, I may not be all buffed out, but I'm actually a pretty formidable warrior! And there's more to fighting than just flashy moves and transformations!" Marorizu placed a hand on Yamcha's shoulder. "Yamcha, calm down. You don't want to seem like a hypocrite, do you?" Yamcha nodded and smiled reassuringly at his wife. "Sorry." He noticed Goku talking to a warrior from Universe 11- a Pride Trooper, Yamcha recalled. Goku had told him about the Pride Troopers, but Yamcha wanted to see them for himself. So he walked on over to Goku's side.

He found Goku having a discussion with a large, furry alien in a Pride Trooper outfit. Goku was asking if he and the Pride Trooper were going to "settle things", but the Pride Trooper just dismissed his questions. Finally, Goku asked again if they were going to fight, and Yamcha stepped in. "Goku, he's already told you he's got no interest in settling things, like, five times already. Can you just drop it?" Goku looked disappointed. "Aw, but Toppo's seriously strong!" Yamcha spread his hands. "Alright, I get it, but you're coming off as a little rude." He faced Toppo and tried for an apologetic smile. "Sorry if my friend here was bothering you. He's a Saiyan, you know- he can't help his desire for battling strong opponents. It's in his blood and all that." The Pride Trooper Goku had been speaking to, Toppo, narrowed his eyes. "Hm. At least you are a bit more polite than your friend Son Goku." Yamcha arched his eyebrows. "Hey, the tournament hasn't started yet, has it? So technically speaking, we aren't enemies at this point in time. There's no reason to be rude to each other when the fighting hasn't even begun, is there?" Toppo folded his arms. "I suppose not." Yamcha glanced at Goku, who was now focusing on another Pride Trooper, who had his back turned to them. Goku grinned. "Hee hee! 'Scuse me, uh, you there-" "Get lost." the alien said from behind them. Yamcha's eyes narrowed. Wait... when did- He whirled around, just like Goku, who was also shocked and thought aloud: "When did you...?" "Warriors!" Everyone looked up at the person who had shouted- the Grand Minister, the father of all the angels and the attendant of Lord Zen-Oh and Future Lord Zen-Oh, the Omni-Kings themselves- the rulers of everything in creation. The Grand Minister continued to speak: "Prepare yourselves for the coming battle royale!" Everyone tensed, their expressions becoming grim, all except for one- Goku. He frowned at first, but then he just smirked in excitement. The Grand Minister looked at both Zen-Oh and Future Zen-Oh. "Shall we begin?" "Hurry, hurry!" both Omni-Kings chanted. Grand Minister nodded and faced all the warriors again, then shouted six fateful words: "Let the Tournament Of Power... begin!"