Chapter 64: The Best (Worst) Plan Ever

Bad news had just been delivered by Hercule Satan (Videl's father): Buu had fallen asleep. Beerus was panicking over what the group would do now that they were a member short, but then Goku came up with an idea. Unfortunately, that idea was awful. But it was the only option they really had left. 

When Krillin heard Goku's plan, he freaked out immediately: "Frieza?!" Goku winced. "Hey, calm down, Krillin! Dende told me that since Frieza's soul won't repent, he's still in Hell. So that means-" "You're not going to use the Dragon Balls to resurrect that piece of filth, are you, Kakarot?!" Vegeta exclaimed. Goku shook his head. "No, I'm not using the Dragon Balls. Fortuneteller Baba can resurrect him for 24 hours." Yamcha sighed. "Goku... Even if that does work, Frieza won't just do what we want him to do, and he'll also be up to no good!" Goku shrugged. "It's only 24 hours. Besides, he'll hate it if the entire universe is erased right after he's been resurrected." Krillin still seemed reluctant, but Goku finally convinced him: "Would you prefer if the entire universe is erased?" Krillin took a deep breath, then sighed. "Fine." Goku grinned, satisfied. "Alright! See you in a bit, everyone!"

Half An Hour Later

Goku and Frieza finally arrived, with Beerus and Whis close behind them. Everyone tensed as the evil emperor walked up, scanning the whole group. Yamcha pulled Goku aside and asked: "Goku, did you make a deal with Frieza?" "Yeah. He said we had to make a deal or he wouldn't join." "What was the deal?" "Well, he'd join the team and help us win the Tournament Of Power, and in return I would..." "You'd what?" Goku's voice became barely audible. "I'd resurrect him fully with the Dragon Balls." 

"You'd WHAT?!" Yamcha screamed, grabbing Goku by the collar and yanking him forward a little. Goku smiled nervously, raising his hands and slowly prying Yamcha's hands off his blue Turtle School uniform undershirt. "J-just calm down, Yamcha!" "You- but- how- I-" Yamcha stammered, at a complete loss for words. He finally managed to form a complete sentence: "Are you crazy?!" he hissed. "You can't revive him! Frieza's pure evil! He'll stab us in the back the first chance he gets! And we all know he's still got a grudge against you and me! Vegeta, too!" Goku nodded. "I know, I know, Yamcha! But he's also crazy strong. We have to take advantage of that!" Yamcha stared at his friend for a count of ten, then finally sighed in defeat. "Ugh... I hate this plan. Alright, you win. Let's go make sure no one tries to kill him and he doesn't try to kill anyone." 

They headed back and Krillin glanced at Yamcha. "What was all that yelling about?" Yamcha motioned with his hand for Krillin to wait. "I'll tell you later. But let's just say-" he glared at Goku, "-that I'm not happy with Goku and Frieza's deal." "Eh?" Krillin asked. Beerus huffed. "Alright, everyone, hold hands and form a circle." The fighters all obliged, and Whis teleported them all away to the fighting stage. It was almost time for the Tournament Of Power to begin.