Chapter 57: A Baseball Game To Rule Them All (Part 2)

Botamo (a fighter from Universe 6 who had a body that could absorb any damage) moved the bat in front of his face, smirking. "My turn... I'll rip that ball to shreds!" He got ready to bat. "Watch and learn..." Yamcha said, and he looked up, his eyes shining in the sunlight. "This is how it's done!" He got ready to pitch. "I like to call this the Wolf Fang Pitching Fist!" A wolf totem appeared around Yamcha, and the animal's snarl echoed through the air. Yamcha tossed the baseball so hard his hat fell off, and as it shot towards Gohan's glove a wolf totem seemed to surround and run along with it. Botamo yelled as he swung the bat forward, but right before it made contact with the ball, Yamcha held up his right index and middle fingers and moved them upwards, and the ball also performed the motion, moving smoothly over the bat and then landing directly into Gohan's glove. "A swing and a miss! Strike one!" Whis called out. Yamcha grinned as he stood up straight. "That's a brand-new move I invented just for today- combining my Wolf Fang Fist and Spirit Ball for the ultimate, unhittable strike!" 

"That's our Yamcha! He's the greatest!" Puar exclaimed. "Yeah. That's not bad at all." 18 complimented. "You ready for more?!" Yamcha said as he threw another pitch- and another strike. "Strike two!" Whis said. Yamcha threw a third pitch- and another clean strike! "Strike three! You are outta here!" Whis said. "Wow. He got him out fast!" Bulma remarked. "As expected. Professional baseball is his job, and like I said before, he's great at it." Marorizu said with a smirk. Cabba was up next, and he got ready to swing while glancing over at Vegeta. Watch closely, master. I'm going to hit this and prove that I'm worthy of your teachings! Cabba tensed up as Yamcha eyed him with a confident smirk. "Hmmm..." Yamcha mused, "Hm hm hm." 

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! "That's three strikes and three outs! The top of the first inning is over!" Whis declared. Yamcha spread his feet and pumped his fists. "Oh, yeah! Nobody escapes the wolf!" "You're cooler than cool, Yamcha!" Puar called. "Yes! Far less worthless than I thought!" Beerus called. "That was great!" Videl said. "I had no idea he was this good at something." 18 mused. "Yeah, my opinion of Yamcha is definitely improving." Bulma agreed, giggling a little. "Yes, that's it! Keep that up!" Marorizu called with a warm smile. "Yeah! Keep sticking it to them, Dad!" Pine cheered. Yamcha laughed, a little embarrassed from all the attention. "Er, thank you, thank you! Really, come on, guys, stop it! It wasn't that cool, come on! I'm just kidding, it was way cool, so keep the cheers coming!" Meanwhile, at Universe 6's bench, Vegeta smirked. 

"Bottom of the first inning! Play ball!" Whis said. A gust of wind blew across the field. Vegeta looked down at the ball in his hand. "I think I've got this little game figured out." Yamcha pointed the bat at Vegeta as if challenging him to a sword fight. "Get ready. It's gonna be coming back hot." "Hmph." Vegeta replied. "Good luck to both of you!" Bulma called. "Remember, this is just to have some fun! Try not to kill each other!" Marorizu added. Yamcha glanced over and blushed for a moment, but he quickly grimaced in concentration as he looked towards Vegeta. "You can't beat me at this." "It's a shame you believe that." Vegeta said as he threw the ball... right into Yamcha's ribcage. Yamcha shrieked in pain and crumbled to the floor. "Ooh... Hit-by-pitch! Dead ball!" Whis said. "Yamcha! Oh, no!" Puar exclaimed. "What the- Vegeta!" Marorizu exclaimed, "What the hell was that for?!" "Did you just peg him on purpose?!" Bulma asked. "Of course! Because unlike everyone else, I'm not messing around! You just have to take out their team to win, right?" "Oh, good point. Leave it to Vegeta to cut to the chase." Goku said. "You're clearly missing the objective, Vegeta. Next time you hit a batter I will have to eject you from the game." Whis warned. "What?!" Vegeta exclaimed, and then he and Goku spoke in harmony: "You're not allowed to hit people?!" Chi-Chi, Bulma, Marorizu and Pine all sighed in exasperation. "What sort of contest makes hitting against the rules?" Vegeta mused as he looked down at the ball in his hand. Yamcha ran to first base, holding the spot where he had been hit as he looked towards the Saiyan Prince. If you don't see the beauty of baseball, that's your loss, Vegeta. And all the more reason for me to win. Now it was Goku's turn to bat. 

"Alright, let's give this a shot!" Goku said as he prepared to bat. "There's no outs, with one runner on first." Whis said. "Are you ready to lose, Kakarot?" Vegeta asked. "We'll see about that, Vegeta." Goku replied. Vegeta responded by going Super Saiyan Blue, and Goku did the same. Vegeta threw the ball and Goku swung the bat. They clashed and it seemed like Goku was winning- that is until Vegeta began shooting the ball with energy blasts and Goku began getting pushed back. Goku gritted his teeth. "Whoa! Is he allowed to do that, Whis?!" "So you're still not ready to give up?" Vegeta said, and he began powering up further while ceasing his barrage of energy blasts. "Vegeta, calm down! This is just a game!" Marorizu exclaimed. Vegeta ignored his sister and began charging up a small Final Flash. "Then let's see if you can handle this! FINAL..." Yamcha stared with bulging eyes until finally he got an idea: "Wait a second, He's distracted! It's the perfect time to steal!" He began running towards second base as Vegeta glanced back in surprise. "Steal what?" the Saiyan Prince demanded. Goku smirked. "You lost focus. I've got you now, Vegeta!" Vegeta went back into his base form as he realized what was about to happen. "Oh, son of a-" Goku hit the ball towards third base, but Botamo caught it with a sliding catch. "And that's an out." Vados declared. "Uh-oh!" Yamcha began running back towards first. "No, you don't!" Botamo shouted as he threw the ball towards first. It bounced off the base before Yamcha made it and flew away, and Yamcha's expression brightened. "Ha ha! Lucky me!" He began running towards second base again. 

"You'll never make it! Go back!" Piccolo shouted. Yamcha didn't listen. He continued his sprint towards second. "Cabba! Throw it here!" Vegeta yelled. Cabba obliged, but Yamcha continued to run, determined to make it. Even with Champa hot on his heels, and only a small chance of making it to second base, Yamcha was determined to win, no matter what.