Chapter 44: Budding Love

Ha... ha... Pretty unexpected, right? Seriously, I didn't see that coming at all. N-not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it's just... wow. There is no way that I, Yamcha, could possibly be so lucky that I'd end up with a girl like Marorizu! No way! Right?

Then again, there isn't really any other girl I know like Marorizu. So who knows? Regardless, I'm... I'm still kinda shocked, honestly. Like, I'd done a few nice things for her before that kiss on the cheek: a few roses for Valentine's Day (because friendship), cooking up some of my special dish (Oh, yeah. I can cook, too.) known as the "Wolf Fang Fish 'N' Noodle Soup" and giving it to her, that sort of stuff. And then there's the whole deal about me going and risking my life for her life. 

I gotta admit, the second I met her I had a small crush on her. And as time went on, that crush grew bigger and bigger. Cheesy? Maybe. But my crush on her really ballooned once Bulma and I broke up for good. Like, before that, I thought that she was pretty, sure, but afterwards? Man, she went from pretty but scary to drop-dead gorgeous but still scary. 

I'm gonna be honest here: my lifelong dream has never been to be the strongest fighter, or to be famous, or anything like that. If I'm being truthful, my honest-to-Kami number one goal has always been to get married. To settle down with some beautiful, nice girl, start a family, etc. When I became Bulma's boyfriend in my first life, I thought: "Sweet! I can get married to Bulma! She's beautiful, smart, and nice! She's perfect!" Then we broke up. And got back together. And broke up again. And got back together again. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I was her on-and-off boyfriend for, what, about 16 years? Yeah, I think that's correct. You'd think that that'd give me plenty of time to propose to her, right? Wrong. See, before I got used to being around Bulma, when it came to girls I was nothing short of a nervous wreck. I'd stutter. I'd blush. I'd mess up sentences until they sounded like gibberish. If a girl went so far as to touch me or show any signs of affection, I'd scream in such a high-pitched voice that my vocal chords would barely comprehend it, making it sound like more of a squeak than a shriek. 

Then I got used to Bulma. Around her, I was fine. Around other girls? Still a walking trainwreck. Then Bulma and I broke up for good. I must've gotten PTSD from that, 'cause I went back to being a stuttering idiot around every other beautiful girl I saw- and sometimes around Bulma again, too! It was rough, living out the last two decades of my first life. But e-enough about all that! I should probably tell you about how my first real kiss went: 

Yamcha hadn't slept a wink last night- he had been staying up in bed wide-eyed, wondering how to react to Marorizu's now-obvious affection for him. He really did like her, but he was worried that he'd do something stupid and ruin the whole thing. Now, morning had come. Yamcha was sitting at a table outside a Capsule Corporation building, practically biting his fingernails off from nervousness, and he was looking to the left when he heard a voice from his right: "Morning." Yamcha nearly jumped out of his skin and turned to see Marorizu sitting next to him. He tried for a friendly smile, though it probably looked more like his mouth was having a seizure. "Oh, h-h-hi, Marorizu." Marorizu nodded. "So, I've been thinking..." Yamcha's heart rate peaked. "Thinking a-b-bout...?" "About how you saved my life during that whole mess involving Bojack and his crew." "Y-yeah?" "That was pretty brave of you." "T-t-thanks." "Why'd you do it?" Yamcha gulped. His mind was racing. He had to restrain himself from shaking like a kid who'd had way too much sugar and was trying not to lose it. His heart was thumping at a million beats per minute. He slowly sucked in his breath. It was now or never. "I, uh... Well, it was just kind of a decision I made in the moment, y-y'know? And, um, there's also the fact that, I- I, kind of, uh..." He silently cursed himself. Get a grip, you idiot! his brain shouted, Are you trying to make her dislike you?! 

Yamcha took a deep breath. "I- I have a c-c-crush on you! OK?" Marorizu's cheeks turned red. "Really? Y-you think I'm cute...?" "Yeah." Yamcha replied. Marorizu exhaled as if she had been holding her breath for a minute straight. "That's a relief." Yamcha's eyebrows rose so quickly they looked like they were going to leap off his head. "W-why?" Marorizu scoffed at him. "Because I like you too, you dolt!" "Oh! Uh... I didn't know." "Really?" "Honestly! I had no idea." "Well, now you know, right?" "R-right." "Can I ask you a question?" Marorizu asked, placing both hands down on the bench as she leaned forward, into Yamcha's face. Yamcha nodded weakly, now too nervous to speak. "Are you sure you're in love with me?" Yamcha was confused, but he nodded again. "Are you sure?" Marorizu asked again, leaning in until Yamcha was leaning backward with Marorizu right up in his face. Yamcha nodded a third time. "Positive?" Marorizu questioned, "I'm a dangerous girl." Yamcha gulped a little. "I- I'm positive-" Marorizu leaned in even more and kissed him. 

When Yamcha tried to pull back out of pure shock, Marorizu wrapped her left arm around his neck and placed her right hand on his cheek as she continued the kiss. Yamcha could feel the cloth of the arm sleeve on Marorizu's left arm against his neck. It was soft and also warm due to the skin underneath. He could also feel her right hand on his cheek, of course, and that was also warm- but not as warm as the heat in his chest, which felt like a furnace. He was acutely aware of pretty much everything, actually- including Marorizu's lips pressing up against his own. As she continued to kiss Yamcha, Marorizu scooted over until her left leg was against Yamcha's right leg. Marorizu pulled Yamcha even closer, as close as possible, and Yamcha could feel himself blushing madly. He was practically hyperventilating, too. Marorizu continued their kiss, and eventually Yamcha began to run a little low on air. Luckily for him, Marorizu chose that moment to pull away. She noticed Yamcha was sweating, blushing, breathing fast and shaking, and the Saiyan Princess smirked. "I warned you, didn't I? I told you I'm a dangerous girl." Yamcha blinked several times, then opened and closed his mouth several times, finally taking a deep breath and replying: "I... d-don't mind that one b-bit." Marorizu winked, a small, mischievous smile on her face. "In that case, surely you wouldn't mind meeting up again tomorrow?" she asked, lowering her arms. Yamcha shook his head. "No, definitely not." "OK. See you tomorrow." Marorizu said, and then she stood up, turned around and flew off into the sky.