Chapter 45: Surprises

(7 Years Later)

Goku was greeting everybody when he noticed that two people were missing. He turned to Krillin. "Hey, where are Yamcha and Marorizu?" Krillin and everyone else shared a knowing look, and Goku's best friend smiled, raising an eyebrow. "Well, they're at... a house. But you might be surprised at what's happened while you were gone." Goku looked confused. "What do you mean?" Krillin sighed, shaking his head. "If I told you, it would ruin the surprise, now, wouldn't it?" Goku laughed. "That's true." He flew off to find his friend.

"There!" Goku exclaimed as he found Yamcha's energy signal. He flew off at high speeds, until finally he arrived at a normal-looking house. He landed on the ground and walked up to the door, then knocked. "Hello?" The door began to open, and Marorizu looked out. "Who-" Her eyes went wide. "I must be dreaming." Goku scratched his head. "Uh, I'm real." Marorizu gaped, then called "Yamcha?" Yamcha came out wearing a yellow tuxedo, holding the hand of a little girl. When he saw Goku, tears welled in his eyes. "G-Goku?" Goku laughed. "Yamcha!" Yamcha ran forward and gave his friend a hug, then stood back and placed his hands on Goku's shoulders. "Did you grow taller? Or wider?" Goku rolled his eyes. "Very funny." He looked at the young girl, who was now holding Marorizu's hand. "Yamcha, who's this?" Yamcha looked at the girl. "Oh! Goku, this is... my daughter."

Goku looked up at Yamcha, not sure if he had heard correctly. "D-d-daughter?" Marorizu walked up alongside the girl, and she grabbed Yamcha's arm. "Our daughter." Yamcha grinned nervously. "Right!" Goku's mouth hung open. "You two got married?!" Yamcha scoffed. "Don't look so surprised. Pine, say hello." 

The little girl looked up at Goku. "Hi." Goku raised a hand and smiled. "Yo! I'm Goku." Pine's eyes went wide. "The Goku? Dad and Mom were always talking about you when I was little. They said that you could do anything!" "Almost anything, Pine." Yamcha said, and he grinned at Goku with his eyebrows raised, in a "can you believe her?" type of way. Goku rubbed the back of his head, chuckling. "Well, I don't know about anything, but I can do lots and lots of cool stuff." Yamcha rolled his eyes. "Oh, stop it. You're making the rest of us look bad." Everyone laughed, and Marorizu kissed Yamcha on the cheek. 

Yamcha beamed, and Marorizu looked down at Pine. "Alright, let's go get ready for the World Tournament." Pine nodded earnestly, and they both headed back into the house. Goku looked at Yamcha and smiled. "You seem pretty happy." Yamcha spread his hands. "How could I not be? I'm living life, and I have to say, having a family is the best thing that ever happened to me. I guess, in a way, I have you and Bulma to thank for that." Goku laughed and gave Yamcha a fist bump. "Yamcha, if you didn't make that pact with me and Krillin back at the 21st World Tournament, the three of us might've never gotten to where we are today." Yamcha grinned at the corner of his mouth. "Where's the fun in getting stronger without a lot of competition, eh?" The two old friends laughed again.