Chapter 14: Turning The Tables

(2 Months Later)

"Gohan's energy is fading fast! We might not make it in time!" Yamcha exclaimed. Goku punched the control panel. "Land faster, you bucket of bolts!" Finally, the Capsule Corp. spaceship landed on Namek, and the duo raced out, flying off towards the energy signals of Gohan and Krillin- and Vegeta. 

Gohan's neck was about to be crushed when suddenly an orange blur rescued him. The blur materialized into Goku, who quickly fed his son a Senzu Bean and set him on the ground. "G-Goku!" Krillin exclaimed. Gohan beamed. "Daddy!" Vegeta scowled, but his eyes were filled with... was that relief? "Hmph! Took you long enough, Kakarot!" Suddenly, two more Senzu Beans were thrown, one towards Krillin and one towards Vegeta. They grabbed the beans. Krillin immediately crunched his down, while Vegeta reluctantly ate his. Krillin arched an eyebrow. "Wait, who-" Suddenly, Yamcha flew in, landing on the ground. "Hey." Krillin grinned. "Yamcha! Man, it's good to see you and Goku!" Yamcha nodded, then looked over at the enemy who had almost killed Gohan- Recoome. While he was the second weakest fighter in the Ginyu Force, he had been demolishing Vegeta, Gohan, and Krillin. But the tables were about to be turned.

"This ends. Now." Goku said. Recoome laughed. "You're funny! I'm about to beat you a-a-all!" Goku grimaced and was about to step forward when Yamcha placed a hand on his shoulder. "Wait." Goku glanced over. "Huh?" Yamcha smiled, stepping forward and cracking his knuckles, then pointing at himself with his thumb. "Let me have a crack at 'em. I think it's time I show these thugs that playtime's over." Yamcha turned back towards Recoome, who was grinning. (Yamcha noticed that he was missing several teeth.) "Oh? You wanna fight me? A member of the Ginyu Force?" Yamcha didn't reply, and Recoome laughed. "What's wrong? Nervous? Can't say I blame you!" Yamcha took a fighting stance, and Recoome's grin widened. "That's it! I'm gonna use my best, most awesome attack! Might as well warn you: you can't run from this! 'Cause a big whole wide area around me just gets blasted to no-o-o-o-o-thing!" Suddenly, the bruiser began to do poses, saying a word for each one. "Recoome... Ultra... Fighting-" Pow. Recoome's eyes bulged, and he began to stutter. Yamcha's fist was almost embedded into his stomach. Recoome stumbled backwards, doubling over. Then, he collapsed. Yamcha glanced down at him. "What a weirdo." Yamcha lowered his fist, looking up at Jeice and Burter, smirking. "If you guys are weaker than that guy, I suggest you go home." Jeice and Burter clenched their teeth, and Jeice said "That was a lucky shot! And even if it wasn't, we're WAY stronger than Recoome!" Burter nodded. "Yeah! We'll avenge our teammate!" Yamcha was about to fight them when Goku stepped forward. "Hold up." Yamcha glanced back. "You want a shot at those guys?" Goku nodded, smiling confidently. "Yeah." 

Yamcha stood back and watched when suddenly he remembered something. He turned to Krillin. "Krillin, you seem a lot stronger! How?" "Oh! Uh..." He seemed to get an idea, and his eyes brightened. "I'll show you."