Chapter 98: Going Against A God Of Destruction

Toppo's Energy Of Destruction orb split the fighting stage into two giant pieces, with tons of rubble also floating around. The sky had changed, too- instead of being a bright green color, it was now more like a nebula- pink, dark blue and orange shades spreading across the expanse. Yamcha looked like he was about to faint. "I knew the fighting stage was going to break." he muttered. "It doesn't matter." Marorizu decided, "What matters is taking out that Toppo guy before he takes out us!" Yamcha and Tien both nodded, and the three fighters headed off to confront Toppo. 

Toppo lowered down on a rock towards another piece of the fighting stage. "Come out. I know you're there." he said. Android 17 looked out at Toppo from behind a small spire of Kachi Katchin. "I was looking for an opening. You've certainly gone all-out." 17 mused. "Justice and evil. I'm beyond that now. All that matters is winning and survival." "You're right." "Hm?" "Oh, just talking to myself. Don't mind me." 17 said as he stepped out from behind the rock. Toppo began firing his Justice Flash at 17, who activated his Energy Barrier. But where a normal Toppo's Justice Flash had failed, a God Of Destruction Toppo's Justice Flash succeeded- because it began to crack 17's Energy Barrier. Eventually it shattered, forcing 17 to leap away from that location. "Even his normal energy attacks are unbelievably more powerful!" 17 exclaimed. "You won't escape." Toppo declared, and he leaped towards 17. 17 began shooting energy blasts directly at Toppo's face, but Toppo's aura just destroyed them all. 17 jumped onto another piece of Kachi Katchin and attempted to run so that he could gain distance, but Toppo easily caught up to him and punched him through several more chunks of debris. "17!" Android 18 shouted. "Why don't attacks work on Toppo?" Krillin wondered. "It's the Energy Of Destruction." Beerus explained, "Depending on the situation, he can surround himself with the Energy Of Destruction." "What? Then it's impossible to directly damage him!" Krillin exclaimed. 

"Good grief." 17 murmured as he got to his feet among the rubble, "Not just my barrier, but even my energy waves don't work. That's a shock. But, there has to be a weakness." 17 got to his feet and began bouncing from rock to rock around the piece of Kachi Katchin that Toppo was standing on. He began firing hundreds and hundreds of energy waves at Toppo, but they had absolutely no effect. Toppo began firing his Justice Flash at 17, who dodged every single shot, but he was running out of places to jump on. He ended up on the last piece of rubble in that area as Toppo held out both hands, touching them together. "I'll end it right here. Hakai." An Energy Of Destruction ball appeared in front of Toppo's hands- and a Kamehameha nailed it and caused it to shrink and vanish. "Huh?" 17 asked. 

Yamcha stood on another piece of rubble in a different area. He lowered his hands and stared at Toppo. "So, a God Of Destruction, huh? Fine. Guess I've got no choice. It's not like I've got a chance- no, wait. It's not like we've got a chance against Jiren, anyway." "We?" Toppo asked. "Final Flash!" A large yellow energy wave spiraled towards Toppo's back, but even that was destroyed by his aura. Marorizu scowled and lowered her arms to her sides, casually standing while she faced Toppo, who glanced over his shoulder at her. "So, you have decided to fight as well?" Marorizu smirked. "Please. I'm a Saiyan. That's what I do best." She quickly went Super Saiyan, then continued to speak: "And I'm not the last one to join the party." A triangular beam of energy shot out from Tien's hands and nailed Toppo, but the Pride Trooper's aura destroyed even that. Toppo turned towards the three-eyed fighter. "I see. You will fight as well? Admirable, but futile. No matter how many of you attack, the result will always be the same." Tien raised an eyebrow. "I don't know about that. God Of Destruction or not, we'll keep fighting until we're dead and buried!" Then a boulder flew out of nowhere and headed towards Toppo's head, but it was destroyed by his aura. 

He turned again to see Frieza, bruised, battered, and in his final form now due to having been forced to revert out of True Golden Frieza. "So, you withstood it. Impressive." Toppo said. "So what about a God Of Destruction?!" Frieza demanded, "I'll destroy you just like your title implies!" "What can you do, covered in wounds?" Toppo asked, "Very well. Give me everything you have." Frieza raised his hands into the air, positioning them as if he was holding something, and above them a glowing, fiery ball of energy appeared. "How about this power to destroy an entire planet?" Frieza asked. Suddenly, the ball became about five times bigger. "You're the one with nowhere to run!" Frieza declared. Toppo closed his eyes. "What rubbish." Frieza's smirk changed into a vicious expression. "I'll erase you!" he shrieked, throwing the ball down, "Disappear!" Toppo positioned his right hand as if about to flip a coin, and a tiny Energy Of Destruction orb appeared over his thumb. He flicked it towards Frieza's energy ball, dissipating the ball completely. Then Toppo charged forward and punched Frieza in the gut so hard that the evil emperor's eyes became tiny and he coughed hard. Toppo slammed him down through several more chunks of Kachi Katchin, then picked Frieza up by the head. "I could easily destroy you right here, but I'd be disqualified. What was it you said before? 'Trash belongs in the trash bin', was it?" He dropped Frieza and then kicked him in the face, and it looked like Frieza was going to get disqualified- until a rock hit Frieza and stopped his flight, instead causing him to tumble down a few chunks of Kachi Katchin. Frieza landed on the lowest bit of debris and stayed lying down, unmoving. 17 wiped his gloves as he looked at Toppo. "My hand slipped. I meant to hit you with that." "You..." Toppo said as he turned around. 17 fired an energy blast at Toppo, but just like every other time before, it just dissipated against Toppo's aura. "You have my praise for surviving this far. But try as you will, it's pointless." Toppo declared. "We'll see." 17 replied, "It's not over yet. I'll just do what I can." "That's the spirit, 17." Marorizu remarked as she, Yamcha and Tien all landed alongside 17. They all faced God Of Destruction Toppo and got ready to fight.