Chapter 31: The Legendary Super Saiyan (Part 3)

Broly laughed, though he sounded a bit less confident than usual. "Hahaha! No matter how much power you absorb from those idiots, it won't be enough to kill me!" Goku's frown turned back into a confident smirk. "Don't be so sure. You won't really know that until I try." Then, with the planet breaking up under their feet, the two fighters charged.

Yamcha and the others watched as Goku and Broly rushed forward. Broly threw a punch, but Goku quickly leaned out of the way, then charged up to the hulking, insane Super Saiyan. "This ends here and now!" Goku rammed his fist into Broly's stomach, then pushed it upward, tearing through Broly's chest, which burst with green blood. Broly began to rise into the air, his body expelling energy in the form of green blasts. The huge Saiyan managed to shout one last word: "KAKAROT!" Then, he exploded- at least, that's what most likely happened, since no one could see through the smoke. The planet began to crumble away, and the gang was about to accept their fate when they found themselves in a Capsule Corporation spaceship as the planet withered into ashes. 

(A Few Hours Later)

Yamcha stumbled out onto the soft green grass, then collapsed, sighing with relief. Everyone else exited the spaceship and sat down in a huff as Yamcha sucked in the sweet Earth air. Marorizu smiled down at him. "Good to be back, huh?" Yamcha closed his eyes and smiled. "Yep!" Marorizu laughed, then winced- her leg seemed broken, thanks to Broly's rampage. Yamcha stood and helped her up, throwing her arm around his shoulder. Marorizu glanced at him with both surprise and gratitude. "Aren't you a gentleman." Yamcha laughed, but quickly looked towards the others. Goku was staring in the direction of the planet they had fought Broly on, his arms folded and his expression pondering. Gohan ran up. "What's wrong, Dad? We won!" Goku looked down at his son and smiled. "I know, Son. It's just..." He looked back up at the sky. "Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Broly..." 

Finally, Goku turned towards the others, and his expression brightened. "Eh, enough of that. Let's just kick back and relax while we still can." Krillin nodded. "That's more like it." Everyone laughed.

Elsewhere, in deep space, a lone Saiyan Attack Ball shot through the black void at a moderate speed, with a sole passenger inside- a gravely injured but still living Saiyan. As the pod barreled forward against the starry backdrop of the cosmos, the Saiyan uttered a single word: "Kakarot..."