Chapter 48: Goku's Revelation

"Ow... talk about a stomachache..." Yamcha woke up, his vision blurry, and he found everyone staring down at him. Marorizu knelt down next to him, and Pine yelped with joy and hugged him tightly. "Dad! You're OK!" Yamcha laughed, and Marorizu looked like she was about to cry. Yamcha gently pried Pine off of his chest and looked over at Marorizu. His expression turned sullen. "Marorizu, I-" Marorizu hugged him so fiercely that she knocked him over again. "We thought you were dead!" Yamcha's face felt like a furnace from heat, and everyone else laughed. 

(A Few Minutes Later)

Yamcha was standing on the Lookout, back in his yellow jacket outfit when he suddenly felt Goku's energy begin to rise. He grinned. Goku's turning Super Saiyan 3! "Oh, it's on now!" he said. It felt as if Goku's energy was shaking the entire world- including The Lookout. "W-whoa!" Krillin exclaimed. "It feels like the world is crumbling under my feet!" "I'd be surprised if nothing has been broken at this rate!" Bulma shouted over the noise. Finally, in a cry that could be heard across the entire world, Goku transformed. 

Yamcha's eyes went wide as he felt the full scale of Goku's new power. Even though he had felt it once before, he had forgotten the feeling of sensing that much raw strength. "H-how is strength of that caliber even possible?!" Piccolo exclaimed. "W-wow! That's... amazing!" Marorizu said. "Man... What kind of training did he do during the past... 7... years..." Yamcha faltered as he realized: Of course Goku would get much, much stronger in that time span. Good-hearted or not, he is a Saiyan. Yamcha smiled to himself. Suddenly, he felt Goku's energy go higher, ever so slightly, and Goku began to pummel Majin Buu with next to no effort. 

Finally, after crushing Buu for some time, Goku powered down to his base form and told Buu that a powerful warrior would fight him in 3 days: Gotenks, the fusion of Goten (the second-born son of Goku and Chi-Chi who had been born a year after Trunks) and Trunks. Then, Goku left, heading back towards The Lookout.

He arrived back at The Lookout, and Yamcha walked up. "That power... Man, you really are incredible, Goku!" Goku laughed. "Well, 7 years of training had to pay off eventually, right?" Yamcha's grin turned into a slight frown. "Maybe for you. You're a Saiyan." Goku nodded. "That probably also has something to do with it." "Oh, gee." Yamcha said sarcastically, "It probably does?" They both laughed, and Goku said "Well, I need to go see Goten and Trunks now." Then, he walked away. Yamcha watched him go, then turned and looked at the sky. Marorizu stood next to him. "Hello? Anybody home?" Yamcha blinked. "I'm still here. What?" Marorizu pointed at Pine, who was sitting next to Goten and laughing. Yamcha grinned. "Heh. Looks like Pine is enjoying herself, at the very least." Marorizu nodded and smiled.