Chapter 83: An Extremely Strange Occurrence

The black hole swallowed Goku, then floated downwards a little. And then it exploded so fiercely that everyone barely managed to not fall off the fighting stage. A ball of energy, white-hot as a star, began driving into the edge of the fighting stage. It began growing, and growing, and growing- and dissolved, with the white particles floating up into the air. Then, the particles began floating back down again, almost like a snowfall. Where the ball of energy had been, a massive crater had appeared. "Is... is it over?" Yamcha asked in a high-pitched, fragile voice. "The Spirit Bomb... The trump card that always saved us in the end..." Krillin trailed off. Beerus stood up and clenched his fists. Is this how it ends? The God Of Destruction gritted his teeth. Son Goku... Have we really seen the last of you? The Omni-Kings started reaching towards Goku's picture on their GodPads. Once they tapped it, he was disqualified. But before they could touch his photo, the fighting stage began to rumble again. 

The pebbles and smaller rocks began rising high into the air. "Gohan." Piccolo said. Gohan nodded. "Yes." "What is this shaking?" Toppo wondered aloud. "The fighting stage... no, the entire World Of Void is being shaken by a wild flow of power!" Elder Kai exclaimed. "Yes, but what could...?" Supreme Kai began to say. Krillin smirked. "Isn't it obvious?" Yamcha laughed out loud and cheered. "Alright!" Marorizu gave her husband a strange look. "What are you so happy about all of a sudden?" Yamcha grinned at her. "Don't you see? He's causing the shaking!" Marorizu squinted at Yamcha, and then her eyes widened. "Oh... You mean... Oh." 17 stared up at the sky. "Of course." Frieza smirked. "I'd expect nothing less." Beerus's expression of awe turned into a grin. Whis had a small smile on his face. "Lord Beerus, do you have anything to say?" Beerus closed his eyes, pausing. Then his eyes shot open. "He's coming."

A pillar of pure white light blasted upwards into the air from the middle of the crater. Rocks began rising into the air at an even faster rate. The Kachi Katchin that made up the solid flat ground of the fighting stage began crumbling away in small bits. And in the middle of the pillar of light, a doubled-over figure appeared. The figure began to rise, starting to stand up straight. When they did, they closed their eyes. And when they opened their eyes again, their irises were glowing silver. Jiren walked to the edge of the crater, staring down at the figure. The pillar of light subsided, and the smoke cleared to reveal Goku, with his back to Jiren and his hair standing up in a way that it never had before. His hair was its normal color- black -but it was still standing up in that strange way. Around his entire body, a blue-and-white aura was flowing. The orange part of his upper Turtle School uniform had been shredded to pieces, fully showing the blue undershirt beneath. Goku slowly turned around, and the moment he saw Jiren, he locked his gaze on him. 

"Goku's alive!" Future Zen-Oh exclaimed. "Goku's all intense!" Zen-Oh exclaimed. "How thrilling!" "How exciting!" Goku was now slouching a bit, and he was staring downwards. Toppo and Dyspo landed on either side of Jiren. "Son Goku... What is he?!" Toppo exclaimed. "It doesn't look like he survived that explosion out of dumb luck." Piccolo noted. "Something's different from before." Krillin remarked. Tien narrowed his eyes. "He's emitting a tremendous amount of heat, but..." "His energy seems frighteningly calm." Master Roshi finished. "Let us observe for now." Whis suggested, "After all, this is the first time I've ever seen Goku like that." Goku opened his eyes and looked up at Jiren. His eyes narrowed. Goku took one step forward. 

WHOOSH. Yamcha blinked, then looked over at Jiren and Goku. Wait... when did Goku attack Jiren? Yamcha wondered. He watched as Goku floated next to Jiren, with the Saiyan's leg hovering an inch away from Jiren's neck. Toppo and Dyspo looked over, and at that moment a gust of wind burst out from the location of Goku and Jiren. Goku did a backflip and Jiren stood up, throwing a punch. But where Super Saiyan Blue combined with the Kaio-ken times 20 had failed, this strange new occurrence succeeded in dodging- and Goku didn't even glance at Jiren's arm. He moved fluidly, steadily, confidently, like this was all totally natural for him. Goku spun around and threw a punch, which Jiren met with his other fist. The impact alone caused an explosion. Goku appeared a distance away and skidded to a halt on the ground. Jiren burst through the smoke and got ready to attack, but as he reeled back his arm Goku's feet dug into the ground a little. Then he blasted off as Jiren hit the fighting stage instead. The Pride Trooper's attack sent up yet another smoke cloud, and when that one dissipated, Jiren and Goku were facing away from each other. And Jiren had a scrape on his cheek. He turned partially and looked at Goku, then wiped the scratch away with one hand. 

"It only grazed him, but Goku's attacks are working!" Piccolo noted, "Even though he was no match as Super Saiyan Blue before..." "Those movements..." Gohan noticed, "They're nothing like Dad's usual movements." He leaned forward a little to watch his father's battle more closely. "He's not just fast. I couldn't even sense him moving to attack at all." Piccolo nodded. "Yeah. It's the same when he dodges." "What is going on?" Vegeta asked aloud, "I see it with my own eyes, yet his actions feel unreal. What happened to you, Kakarot?" As Jiren faced Goku, who still had his back turned, Toppo and Dyspo slid down the crater in an "X". "You don't know when to give up, Son Goku! You already lost!" Toppo shouted. He leaped off the crater's side and Dyspo followed suite, with the latter aiming a kick and the former readying a punch. Both were targeting Goku's face, but Goku raised his arms and crossed them, catching both attacks without even looking. Then he tossed both Toppo and Dyspo away. Tien looked rattled, and Yamcha was downright shocked. Marorizu seemed to be studying Goku. "This is... this isn't like anything I've ever seen. It's definitely not a new Super Saiyan form. This is something different entirely."