Chapter 51: Another Old Enemy Comes Back!

"So... you're the best Frieza has, huh?" Yamcha asked as he stared down Tagoma. Tagoma smirked. "A mere Earthling challenges me? That's amusing." Yamcha betrayed a confident grin. "Heh! You'll find that I haven't gone soft like Gohan has. As a matter of fact, I've been training to fight you guys for the past few months." He took a fighting stance. Tagoma narrowed his eyes as he also took a fighting stance. "Come at me, then." Yamcha powered up, his energy spiking, and everyone took a step back. "Wow, he wasn't kidding when he said he'd been training." Krillin muttered. "But will it be enough to beat that Frieza Force soldier?" Tien wondered aloud. Yamcha grinned again, as confident as ever. "This isn't even half of my real power, I'll have you know!" He charged forward at a surprised Tagoma, nailing him in the gut and then using an uppercut to fling him away. Tagoma recovered and retaliated, shooting multiple energy blasts, but Yamcha avoided every single one. He was about to attack again when a child's voice rang out: "Dun-dun-nah-naaah!" Yamcha turned to see Gotenks (the fusion of Goten, the second son of Goku, and kid Trunks, the present-day son of Vegeta) as a Super Saiyan charge forward and headbutt Tagoma straight in the soft spot so hard that it made Yamcha wince. 

Tagoma fell to the ground, clutching his private place and moaning in pain as Gotenks landed on the ground, a confident smirk on his face. He turned to Yamcha and the others and waved. "Ha ha! Greetings! Sorry to keep you waiting." Then, he whirled around towards Frieza and pointed at him. "You must be Frieza! Prepare to get a beating like none other you've ever experienced-" He unfused, splitting back into Goten and Trunks. "-before." they both finished, blinking in surprise. Before anyone could act, Marorizu swooped forward, grabbing both kids and setting them down next to Bulma and Jaco, the latter of which had apparently "finished his part". She flew back up to join the other Z-Fighters as they watched in slight shock as Tagoma remained on the floor, groaning. Suddenly, a small, green Namekian frog landed in front of Tagoma and spelled out something in the ground. Tagoma read the alien language: "C-H-A-N-G-E... Change?" Instantly, a purple beam shot from the frog's mouth into Tagoma's mouth, and the Frieza Force soldier looked down at his hands, blinking. Then, a joyful, devious grin spread across his face, and he spoke in a voice that was not his own. "YES! Oh, it's good to be back, especially in a strong body like this!" He did a strange pose, then turned and bowed to Frieza. "Lord Frieza! I hope you remember me. It is I, Captain Ginyu of the Ginyu Force!" 

The name Ginyu triggered an old memory in Yamcha's brain, and he sighed in exasperation. "Oh... So it's you, huh? I remember now. Uh... Ginyu, right? You were the commander of those other weirdos we fought back on Namek." Ginyu turned and studied Yamcha, eyeing him up and down. "Hm? Oh, yes. You're that Earthling- the strong one from Namek. I never thought we'd fight again. This time, I'm going to kill you dead!" He did another pose and got ready to fight, and Yamcha did as well (the getting-ready-to-fight part, not the pose part). "Good luck with that." They began a fierce battle, each going back and forth, landing blows and taking hits, until finally Ginyu jumped back, panting. "H-how?! How can I be struggling this much against an Earthling?" Yamcha scowled. "You other races seem to have a bad habit of underestimating us Earthlings." He charged forward and punched Ginyu in the face, breaking his scouter. Then, he kneed Ginyu in the stomach, then grabbed his leg and threw him into the ground. Ginyu stood up and rushed Yamcha, punching and kicking, but Yamcha simply dodged each one. But eventually, Ginyu got in an elbow to Yamcha's face, then followed that up with a barrage of attacks. Yamcha leaped back, panting just a little. Ginyu's gotten stronger thanks to that new body. Oh, well. Yamcha smirked. "Heh. I think you'll find my next move a bit familiar." Then he began to power up, with a crimson aura enveloping him instead of the normal white one. "Alright... Kaio-ken!" Suddenly, the aura burst upwards, and Yamcha rushed forward, punching Ginyu in the gut so hard that he coughed and fell to the ground in a heap. The red aura around Yamcha dispersed, and he glanced back at Ginyu. "I may not have fought anyone really strong in a while, but the teachings of the Turtle School and the memories of all those other training sessions are still etched in my muscles. You can't compete." He looked away, now focusing on Frieza himself, but Ginyu wasn't done.

"Well? What are you waiting for? End it!" the Frieza Force commando shouted. Yamcha felt strange now as he slowly turned towards Ginyu again. I had an easy chance to finish him off. So why didn't I? It must be because of... his eyes widened as the realization dawned on him: Goku. Ever since we met, I've striven to surpass you. But every time we reunited, every time we fought together, you were always the better man, the stronger man. Now I know that it was because of your Saiyan heritage, that your lust for strong opponents to fight was what pushed you forward, beyond your limits, again and again. Yet you showed mercy to the weak. You spared the enemies who no longer posed a threat. And even when that nearly backfired on you, you still kept showing mercy to other enemies. I wonder if I've gone about this whole thing the wrong way. I'm no Saiyan... but maybe to be truly strong like Goku... I should have a heart like Goku's! Yamcha blinked as he came back into reality, and he looked down at Ginyu. The energy blast he had been charging up slowly vanished in front of his hand. Then, he lowered his arm. "Here's the deal. You leave this planet peacefully, and I'll let you live." Ginyu looked up, with difficulty. "W-what? You're letting me g-go?" Yamcha narrowed his eyes. "Yeah, I'm letting you go. But one one condition. You, your cronies, and your master never show your face here again. Don't even think about invading Earth a second time. If I hear that you ever even looked at a good person in the wrong way again, nothing will stop me from reducing you and the rest of the Frieza Force to space dust." Having made his point, Yamcha turned to face Frieza- and quickly deflected a Death Beam aimed at his face.