Chapter 22

"Elena." 

Grace was the first one to speak after they all stood frozen to watch Tyler's transformation. Rebekah let go of Caroline, who immediately rushed to her boyfriend's side.

"What have you done to her, Klaus?" 

When Klaus didn't shift his attention towards her, she growled and pushed against his chest. He only smiled down to her and grabbed her by her shoulders.

"Nothing, darling. Seems she'd been the key to all this for the whole time. Thanks for keeping her alive. Now, come, we have things to do." 

The hybrid grabbed her wrist and walked out of the class room with her. She grew really annoyed by being dragged around like a little child today, but that was something representative for the amount of respect he had towards her. 

"She's my sister, Klaus, I won't let you hurt her." 

Grace hissed, finally getting out of his grip. Rebekah joined them in the hallway. 

"I expect nothing less, from now on, your sister is the most important woman in my life, no pun intended. She'll have a bunch of bodyguards around her." 

Rebekah let out an offended sound, but Klaus ignored it. He really had the audacity to joke around. Grace really wasn't in the mood. Usually she would just shrug his comments off and reply with something more snarky, but when it came to her sister's safety, there was no place for humor. What ever kind of judging little bully Elena could sometimes be, never would Grace stop caring for her or Jeremy. 

Grace knew Klaus ways of 'keeping someone safe' and it worried her madly. She didn't want Elena to become his blood stack slash prisoner. Sighing, she just shook her head. There was nothing she could really do against it, so she hoped Damon or Stefan would help with this matter. But from what she saw and heard, Stefan was far beyond being helpful. 

Shortly after, the three of them were in the parking lot of the hospital, where Elena was recovering from Stefan's bite. On the outside, Grace was calm, sitting next to Rebekah on a car and staring up into the cloudless sky, but on the inside she was boiling with anger. She looked for any opportunity to distract herself from wanting to rip Stefan's stupid head off. Klaus told her about what happened back in the gym, but she already had so many reasons to want him dead, so it was Stefan that was putting her over the edge. She always had thought that beyond any kind of compulsion, the younger Salvatore would always protect Elena. But now that help was gone, too. 

Staying close to the two Originals helped her distract herself the best, because they were so goddamn annoying sometimes. They just wouldn't stop quarreling, which made a headache form in Grace's skull.

"I won't let you go with her, Klaus. You'll have to step over my very dead corpse to do that."

She shot the hybrid a glare who only rolled his eyes.

"As much as I would miss your company, love, that's honestly not that much of a problem, isn't it?" 

They fought a staring contest. Over time Grace had figured how senseless it was to attack him, she could only beat him with cleverness. But to be honest it wasn't clever to try and fight with an Original, it was better to have them in the friends-corner. Even tough that wasn't possible with Klaus. 

"I don't want to travel around with that doppelbitch, Nik. Can't we leave her here, where she's far away from getting in my way?" 

Klaus growled at his sister to which Grace only shrugged.

"She actually has a point. But please, stop calling her doppelbitch, she's my sister after all." 

The younger Mikaelson rolled her eyes and dropped out of the conversation. Klaus stepped closer to the car Grace sat on and he looked up to her, the younger vampire not moving an inch to continue their little pissing contest.