Chapter 74

Determined, Grace stormed out of the compound headed towards her car. Hayley was about to face her wrath and she didn't care that the wolves that stood in her way would die. Or, of course, there was still the possibility that she overestimated herself and that she'd be easy prey for the hybrid and her pack. But she didn't care much about that, too. She was about to die anyways. 

The thought of her siblings crossed her and she stopped in her tracks. Last time they saw her, she was nothing more than a savage beast that killed innocent teenagers, because she was love sick. But she couldn't bring herself to call them. At least she knew that Elijah was noble enough to inform them afterwards. 

"What has Dahlia done to you?" 

Suddenly, Elijah concerned voice sounded from behind her and she closed her eyes shortly to contain her anger. Turning around, she glared at him. 

"What do you mean? I'm fine. Everything's just peachy." 

She said sarcastically and she could she annoyance clear on his face. He couldn't bear her attitude right now. 

"You're brave, loyal and you stand for your word even if it puts you in danger, but you aren't reckless, Grace. Tell me, what made that change?" 

Why did he just know her that well? It was annoying that he could read her that easily, it added to her list of things to be mad at. 

"None of your business." 

She wanted to keep on walking, trying to subtly hide the mark with her hand, but Elijah grabbed her wrist to stop her and it revealed the mark. Unfortunately, his gaze immediately locked on the unfamiliar skin burned into her skin and he frowned, frozen in motion. 

"What is this?" 

He hissed and looked her in the eyes, worry and anger flaring up. Grace sighed and tried to advert her gaze, but he grabbed her chin to force her to look at him. 

"I have no clue what exactly this means. Putting two and two together, it's Dahlia's insurance that we hand over Hope, which means she can probably kill me with that." 

His eyes widened and his grip tightened around her wrist, as if he was pretending that if he just won't let go of her, she wouldn't die. It was foolish, but Elijah couldn't bear imagining how it felt to loose her. He witnessed it once and it broke him apart. 

"We will show this to Vincent Griffith, he needs to find a way to reverse this." 

The Original said determined, pushing away the harsh truth. Grace sighed. This look he gave her, a look of pure fear of loosing her made her forget for a moment that she was heavily angry. He just betrayed his brother and Grace was already melting just because he showed how much he cared for her. 

"What? Can't your new favorite sister help?" 

Elijah just pulled her with her, directed towards St. James infirmary. 

"Freya proved to be untrustworthy. She wants Hope as bait for Dahlia." 

Grace chuckled bitterly. It was always nice to be right, but she couldn't draw amusement from this. The situation was just too devastating. 

"Seems we have to figure out a plan B." 

She looked up to him and Elijah knew that she would fight with them which gave him so much comfort. He would never be able to fight her and he seriously wouldn't want to come into a situation where he had to choose. 

Some minutes later they arrived at the old bar and met Rebekah, Marcel and Vincent there. Grace couldn't really look at Rebekah and her friend fortunately chose to not speak to her.