Chapter 76

While Rebekah and Elijah were gone to dig their mother out and burn her to hijack Davina to bring her back, Grace resided back in the compound with Marcel and Freya. A scowl was plastered on her face as she sat on a chair and stared at the two bodies laying on the floor. 

One was the treacherous witch that had a hold on her life. The other, her best friend,  just betrayed her in the worst way possible. 

Freya was doing some witchy things to stop Dahlia's magic from melting the dagger in Nik's chest and Marcel just paced around, being as useless as Grace herself. The two vampires were probably in the worst situation. If Nik died, they both would go down along with him and to be honest, this was a surprisingly possible outcome of today. 

To be honest, Grace was slowly giving up. She was the one who most likely would end up dead. Sometimes she wondered why she was so afraid to die. Even now she wouldn't stop fighting, even if it felt senseless. 

"Don't you have any to contribute, grumpy?" 

Marcel ripped her out of her thoughts and she just shot him a glare. 

"You call me grumpy? I'm not the one pacing around like a lunatic and annoying the hell out of everyone." 

The other vampire covered his face with his hands, but finally stopped walking around. 

"Gracie, it's seriously not the time for an attitude." 

Freya suddenly sated and Grace asked herself when the hell she allowed everyone to call her 'Gracie'. She rolled her eyes. 

"I think out of all people I'm the one who deserves to be a little moody. Let's not forget that my family was seemingly hell bent on hijacking me in the last 24 hours, oh, and your crazy aunt cursed me to be her leverage over you 24/7." 

She said sarcastically and the witch sighed, shooting her a sympathetic look. Freya walked towards her and took her hand to have a better look at the mark again. She closed her eyes and mumbled some foreign words. 

"This buys you some time. Drink as much blood as you can, so you'll be strong and you'll last another hour before Dahlia's spells take action." 

Grace was a bit surprised that Freya actually did that to her. She had no reason to do it, the vampire had been nothing but doubtful about her and Freya probably didn't understand the deep connection between her and the Mikaelsons. 

"Thank you." 

She said with a frown. 

"I know what you mean to my siblings. It makes us sisters in some way, too, huh?" 

Freya smiled lightly and a bit of tension left Grace's shoulders as she squeezed the witches' hand  gently. After this first friendly exchange between the women, Freya quickly went back to her work but she seemed worried and desperate. What she tried didn't seem to work and dagger was close to melting fully. 

"Is there anything you can do?" 

Grace crouched down beside Nik and looked up to the oldest Mikaelson sister. She only shook her head frustratedly. 

"Dahlia's too strong...but we need to do something!"

Suddenly, Freya's eyes widened and she stared at the stairs. Marcel stood up with an equally shocked expression and Grace quickly turned around to see what was happening. A twine of Dahlias grew it's way up the handrail. 

"There has to be a way to kill her." 

Marcel obviously was frightened as hell and so was Grace. She had seen powerful witches but what Dahlia could do was way beyond her grasp.