Chapter 34

Elijah held Grace close to his chest. She shivered in his arms and hid her face in the fabric of his shirt. The young vampire didn't want him to see her that way. But she was so powerless and weak right now, she probably had to embarrass herself in front of three flawless looking Originals. 

Klaus knelt beside her and tried to make her look at him. Grace had grown so close to his heart, he could barely bear seeing her this way. The towards his mother only grew. He would rip her apart for even daring to touch her. His brother looked like he had the same with mind, but his revenge fantasies were covered by pure worry for his love. 

She mumbled things no one could really understand, but both brothers were startled when they heard her creaky voice. At least she was conscious. 

"What is it, love?" 

Klaus cupped her cheek with his hand. Finally her dark brown eyes opened and relief washed over Klaus and Elijah. Grace looked at her best friend and continued to mumble. 

"Blood." 

It was the only thing she could bring out. The vervain wasn't fresh in her system, but without adding some blood to even it out, her throat and veins still felt like a desert. 

The brothers shared a glance, both of them listen closely if there was coincidentally any stupid hiker out here in the woods. But the only heartbeats were their own or of animal nature. 

Elijah couldn't see her suffering for this long. The way back to the town would take them some minutes even if he carried her and even if, how should they explain the girl in Elijah's arms that looked close to death, who by the way was well known among the town's population. 

Sighing, Elijah shifted her gently so her mouth touched the skin of his neck. He stroked her hair again soothingly. Of course he didn't want to do something such intimate as blood sharing right in front of his brothers, but Grace's well being was more important now. Fortunately Klaus got the hint and turned away, covering them to give them at least some privacy from Kol's snarky comments. 

Grace immediately bit down into his soft skin when she found his pulse with her lips. A slight moan escaped her lips, to which Elijah closed his eyes. He couldn't remember that he ever allowed someone to drink his blood, so like the first time, the pleasure nearly overwhelmed him. It was strange how this feeling differed from simply offering a human blood to heal them. This was way more sexual and intimate. Unfortunately, they couldn't indulge in that flow of emotions. Elijah knew that with his blood, she also could have a look into his mind and he really hoped that she saw only how deeply his feelings for her ran. 

"Shut up, Kol." 

Klaus growled as his younger brother opened his mouth. He sighed and when he heard that Elijah as gently removing her mouth from his neck, Klaus turned around, trying to avoid the heated gazes they shared. Gently he picked the girl up from his brother's lap as Klaus knew that Elijah would need a minute to recover. 

"You ok?" 

The hybrid whispered to Grace and she nodded. She seemed to feel better immediately. Her cheeks were still pale and she had deep dark blue circles under her eyes, but at least she didn't look pained anymore.

"Yeah. I think I can walk." 

She said calmly, her huge, innocent looking eyes staring into his. Grace hated to be the damsel in distress. Maybe she acted like a child now anyway, but the Mikaelson's overly cute caring actions were a little bit too much for her. 

Uncomfortably, she shifted in Klaus' arms until he sat her on her feet. She swayed a little like she was drunk and the hybrid immediately caught her by wrapping his arm around her waist and shooting her a serious look. Grace rolled her eyes and looked over her shoulder to see a still troubled looking Elijah. She gave him a small smile to cheer him up, but it didn't seem to help that much.