Gangster's Paradise (Bonus Chapter 1)

A/N

Hey guys! 

Damn, today I was so frustrated with my writing. The chapter of Hell In Her Soul I posted today was crappy, so I wanted to write on my favorite little baby (yes, Grace is the book I enjoy writing the most), but then the realization that there'll still be two or more chapters without Elijah had my motivation going down rapidly. 

Well then I saw an edit (added it to the media) and a new idea was born. What comes after this annoying note is called 'Gangster's Paradise' and is kind of a story in the story. It's completely AU and involves Grace and Elijah, but has nothing to do with the storyline (well, Grace wasn't even born in 1919), so you can skip it if you want to :) The story will be around 3 parts, which I will write/post whenever I find it fitting. So the next update will probably a usual part of 'Grace'. I'll make you notice if a part belongs to Gangster's Paradise. 

I'm really curious what you think about this! Let me know <3 Thanks for reading <3 

................

New Orleans, 1919

It was probably one of the worst evenings Grace ever had. She sat all on her own in an overcrowded, dusty bar, gulping down drink after drink. 

At least the singer that performed a song with quite scandalous lyrics was surprisingly talented. What she sang about was exactly what Grace felt. Vulgar, slutty, hungry for adventures. But also seriously mad and brooding. This mood was particularly dangerous. It usually ended in a lot of slit open throats and blood stained dresses. 

Her hair was as always done into perfect, big curls. She had to be careful with them, as one clumsy touch could destroy the hour long work. 

As always, Grace was hell of a sight. Whenever she entered a room, all eyes were on her. Men forgot their little wives. They hung on her red painted lips when her seductive voice sounded. She was the expression of their wildest dreams, she didn't even need compulsion to get everything she wanted. But they weren't what Grace dreamt of. She probably didn't really know herself what she truly wanted.

Sometimes she simply enjoyed the attention, but after a while, this game got dull. When she got her some years ago, leaving behind the small town she lived in and her family, she had the whole city at her feet. She was the queen of New Orleans, a whole range of vampires bowed down to her, they still were, but Grace had changed. The naiveté and innocent stupidness of her were gone. She now knew how the city worked and that she had no power at all. Grace was nothing more than a damsel at a man's arm. An expensive piece of jewelry. 

She was ripped out of her dark thoughts when suddenly someone spilled some hot drink all over her. It was probably tea or coffee, as the steaming liquid felt hot on the skin of her décolleté, so hot that a human's skin would've burnt, but hers stayed untouched. 

The man's mouth was an O-shape as he stared down to her cleavage. Grace wasn't sure if he looked that silly because he wondered how she could stay unhurt or if the glimpse of the silky skin of her perfectly shaped breasts was too much for him. Maybe a bit of both.

"I...I'm sorry."

He stuttered and didn't make an attempt to help her clean. How annoying.

It seriously tipped Grace over the edge. She felt her fangs lengthen and press against her lower lip. Her tongue pierced out and licked her lips. Usually Grace wouldn't feed in public and violate her husband's rules, but today she was savage. She wanted to do something forbidden. And this guy had the audacity to stain one of her favorite dresses.

"Not the slightest problem." 

She whispered, but before she was interrupted by a voice that came up from behind her. Annoyed, she closed her eyes for a second to get the bloodlust back under control.