Chapter 24

The next day, Grace arrived at the Salvatore's doorstep. After talking to some compelled schoolgirls she found out that Rebekah was staying them. It was ironic how much of a Rebekah-thing this was. She had a hopeless crush on Stefan and this was her way to get into his head. This girl was a thousand years old and still had so much to learn.

Just as she wanted to knock, the door flew open to reveal an upset looking Elena. Her gaze turned desperate when she saw her older sister. Like Grace was the last person she needed right now. How low Elena thought of her again crushed her heart, but she quickly set up her pokerface and just raised a brow.

Sighing and shaking her head, Grace's sister stormed past her and walked up the street. Grace didn't concentrate on her sister's concerns right now and walked inside to find an equally angered Rebekah inside the Salvatore mansion.

"Hi Beks. You look like you need something strong. With what did my little sister bother you?"

She strutted towards a table that held some of the Salvatore's booze storage. Examining the amber liquid inside the crystal glass bottle, she waited for Rebekah to answer.

"Nothing, she's just planning on freeing my murderous father. Nothing more. Gosh, how I would love to rip her throat out."

Grace handed her a glass before she let herself fall on an armchair after drowning her first shot with even flinching.

"You'd be surprised how often I'd imaged that, too. Metaphorically of course. Because killing my siblings is a big no no."

Smirking Grace wiggled her finger at the blonde. Rebekah chuckled and stroked the fabric of a pile of clothes, before lifting the dresses up and holding them in front of her.

"Red or blue?"

"Do I look like a fashionista to you?"

But Grace was already looking at the expensive dresses. Surely homecoming dresses, a field where she wasn't good at, but a least she could help with with the colors.

"Let's say I think you have a certain...style that I actually like. So come on, help me out."

Rebekah bit her lower lip and gave the puppy eyes, to which Grace groaned. She had taken a liking into the girl, which was surely a problem. It was hard to resist when Rebekah looked just like a fragile, little girl.

"I'm not good with homecoming dresses, mine was so crappy, I made sure every photo of it disappeared...but I would go for the red one. It matches your character. Fierce, badass...but the cut and shape gives you that little hint of sweet innocence that boys would die for."

The blonde's eyes shone with excitement and her full lips parted for a dashing smile. Rebekah was thankful that Grace took the time to really give her advice.

"Come on, let's loosen up a bit, I promised Nik to make sure you're ok. Wait, I've got an idea!"

Grace jumped up from the armchair and got her phone out of her pocket. Coming close to the Original, she opened the camera app and held the gadget over the young women's heads. Grinning into the camera, they clinked glasses and Grace snapped the photo. Laughing, she texted it to Klaus. Rebekah couldn't keep the laughter to herself anymore and she started to enjoy Grace's company very much.

The girls kept on drinking and chit chat over what happened the last few days. Time flew by and Grace remembered what she actually wanted to ask Rebekah.

"With your father being the next big bad villain in town, could you tell me why this all happened? What's your families' story, I'm really curious."