Chapter 32

1k votes! Guys, you're incredible! Thank you all so much <3

...........

When Grace woke up, she at first didn't know where she was. Seconds, hours or days could have passed since she fell asleep, she had no clue. In months this was the first night where she wasn't tormented by any nightmares. She slept nearly dreamless. Grace felt pleasurable warm and protected, she wasn't afraid anymore. Nothing haunted her right now.

"Elijah?"

The young woman was confused and she opened her eyes, only to see that her cheek was connected with warm skin, her legs intervened with strong male ones. She felt fingers comb through her messy hair and she then fully remembered how the last evening had ended.

"Good morning."

His voice was the usual deep baritone, but it had a warmth in it, that send a shiver down Grace's spine. She was relieved to have him by her side. It was like she needed him. He made her calm, he would always protect her, she was sure of it.

Still a bit puzzled, Grace lifted up her head only to meet his dark eyes. They were chocolate again. She had noticed that they turned darker, nearly black when he was upset or angry. But he seemed to feel completely at ease.

Elijah had never felt more comfortable than here, in her bed, by Grace's side. The thoughts of his mother strange behavior mixed with the fascination of watching his love sleep kept him awake for most of the night. But he was used to sleepless nights and this one belonged to the more relaxing ones. He had felt tempted to have a peek into her dreams, but he kept himself from it. Not without her permission.

Judging from the look on her face, this night had been special for her too. There was something wild in her eyes that took his breath away. For the whole night he had studied her face precisely, but now that her eyes were open and only directed at him, he still discovered new beauty in her expression and he again asked himself how he deserved this woman.

It surprised him a bit when she suddenly pulled his head closer to kiss his lips passionately. Yesterday their shared kissed were slow, sweet and promising, but in this moment she kissed him like she was starving for it. Like she was relieved that he was still here at her side. It troubled Elijah that she had to experience so much that a certain kind of paranoia developed in her and she also seemed to have a lot of sleepless nights.

But he couldn't help but feel aroused by her sudden passionate attack. To be honest, everything about her lit his lust. When they were in that diner and he watched her unfolding her true vampire nature, he had nearly lost himself.

Her leg shifted and wrapped around his hip so she could be closer to him. Elijah instinctively placed a hand on the back of her thigh. They already wore very little clothing, so their skin touched all over their bodies. Heat connected and it felt like their was a fire burning between them that couldn't be put out.

Elijah needed to stop this. It wasn't right to go farer now. Grace was too upset now that she could decide rationally, so it had to be him that would keep her from doing this in the wrong state of mind. They both wouldn't enjoy it as they should with the leftover thoughts and trouble from last night.

But his own usually so well kept restraint was on the edge. He felt his hands moving towards her chest, their kiss had went sloppy and he felt the urge to kiss her neck. His groin was pressed against her and Grace seemed eager to continue. She needed his touch, she wanted to feel his hands and lips everywhere as they promised the relief she so urgently needed.

Even the noble Elijah was only a man. Mornings had their certain intensity that made it even harder. But bringing up all his inner strength, he ripped away from her. He sat upright and stared down to her. She looked disheveled, with eyes that threatened to make his brain shut off completely.