Chapter 62

Over the next few days, Grace grew closer to the group of newbie vampires Marcel created. She spent much time with them and helped teaching them mind control abilities because she was simply the best at it. The people admired and respected her and Grace felt that she found a fulfilling task here. 

Today, they were simply partying and enjoying themselves a little. The young vampires had their first meal without killing someone and that was someone to be quite proud of. Grace probably would never be the best at teaching someone restraint as she always went a little crazy over drinking and still killed people just for the fun of it sometimes. But fortunately Marcel and Josh perfectly covered that. 

She laid on the sofa and skipped through one of the dating apps on Josh's phone together with the young man she befriended over the last few days. 

"Oh come on, that one was cute!" 

They both laughed as Josh swiped a photo to the left. Grace herself wasn't to keen on dating apps, she never had trouble finding men in real life, but Tinder seemed way too much fun. 

"Maybe you should try that, too. You're smart, pretty, a bit crazy, but well, who isn't? It doesn't hurt." 

He patted her shoulder and then concentrated on a text he received. 

"I'm not up for more men trouble, you know? Got tons of it already." 

Sighing, she leaned her head against Josh's arm and couldn't help but think about Elijah. Since their conversation on her balcony, they hadn't talked much. It was better that way, but it was still confusing her to hell. Of course it made it also harder to keep her cold facade on. 

"You mean thousand year old trouble? Gracie, you can give it a name." 

Grace just rolled her eyes.

"...Well, I mean, not that I can't understand. If he's not creepy and scaring the shit out of me, he's actually quite hot." 

Josh shrugged, to which Grace nudged him before she rolled on her back and sighed deeply.

"Yeah, he is. His butt is fine as hell." 

Chuckling, the younger vampire handed her a glass of booze. 

"Then I recommend you get him to hop out of that suit again for you." 

Grace was just about to explain to him why that wasn't possible, when suddenly the window behind them shattered a corpse came flying in. She immediately jumped to her feet and looked around warily. Marcel stood next to her, both of them watching as wolves came pooling in, baring their teeth at the vampires.

"I thought we had a deal. No vampires in the Quarter and you leave us alone." 

Marcel spoke up, the tension through the roof. Grace knew that she should keep the attitude down, but she sure as hell wouldn't bow in front of dogs. 

"And why do I see this one parading through the Quarter every day?" 

The guy that lead the wolves pointed at Grace and then she couldn't keep it back anymore. She wouldn't hide behind Marcel. Walking up to the young man, she came to a halt closely in front of him, deep into his comfort zone and stared him in the eyes. 

"I'm a special deal, darling. Just for you to know, I'm a Mikaelson. Haven't you heard that we turn into quite the violent bunch, if we're being threatened?" 

She smiled arrogantly. The wolf didn't step back, he stood his ground bravely. 

"Your privileges have been revoked. You all need to be gone by tomorrow or I won't hold anyone back."