Newt Scamander- Set Up (c)

It was rare that you went out, rather preferring to head straight home from work and only leaving your apartment to go to work again the next morning. It was a much-preferred habit to stay in with a good book even though you did have friends whom you enjoyed the company of- mainly at work.

Today was an anomaly though. Your colleagues Queenie and Tina had invited you over to their apartment for tea. They did commonly try to get you to go out more often, mainly Queenie, but you had finally relented and agreed- how bad could a cup of tea really be?

You turned up to the apartment rather chipper, a feeling you had rarely ever felt. It was kind of nice to know you were to spend time with some of your friends, especially seen as you didn't get much time with them. Before you could even open the door, the blond woman swung it open, a grin on her face.

"We're glad to spend time with you too," Queenie grinned wrapping her arms around you in a bone crushing hug.

You sometimes forgot that Queenie was a Legilimens, and it was questionable to you sometimes as you didn't fully appreciate that she read your thoughts without your consent.

"Hi-hi Queenie," you smiled softly.

"Hello Y/N," she beamed. "Come in... come in."

You followed her into the apartment, slipping your shoes off to put them on the shoe rack.

"Teenie, time for tea. Tea for four," she smiled excitedly slipping onto one of the seats at the old wooden table in the room.

"Four?" You questioned.

As far as you knew you were coming over for tea with the Goldstein sisters and there were only two of them. You had no idea who else they had invited.

"Oh... yes," she smiled. "Newt is here. Tina invited him and we realised the two of you had only met once or twice so it seemed like a neat idea."

You took a seat diagonally opposite her. It had happened before that they conveniently invited Newt over at the same time, in an attempt to set the two of you up on a date. Neither of you had dated anyone before but the sisters seemed to see it fit that the two of you would be perfect together.

The doors slid open to reveal the elder of the two Goldstein's and Mr Scamander. He was an attractive man, but he shared your social awkwardness leading to little ability to converse without the assistance of the two sisters.

"Y/N, it's great to see you," Tina beamed. "Newt isn't it great to see her?"

Newt's face became flushed almost instantly as he was shooed towards the seat opposite you and next to Queenie.

"H-hello Y/N," Newt smiled.

"Hello," you responded.

"Isn't it lovely to be here together again Y/N," Queenie grinned.

You narrowed your eyes at her knowing this was certainly one of their many ploys to try and get the two of you together, it was hard to deny it.

"Queenie, Tina," you said softly. "I am ever so grateful that you invited me here, however I do not think Mr Scamander appreciates your attempts at playing matchmaker."

By now you knew your face mirrored Newt's in colour.

Queenie let out an awfully loud sigh.

"But Y/N," Queenie whined. "The two of you are ever so lonely. You need company."

Your eyes locked with Newt's instantly forcing you to avert your gaze from each other. Maybe spending time together wasn't a bad idea? But even if it were, you weren't going to pursue anything in fear of denial.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by