Hermione Granger- Hair (c)

With the Yule Ball later that evening, you and your best friend Hermione were working together to go on your first dates. Neither of you had been known to be overly feminine nor care too much about your appearances but seen as you had both been invited to the ball, you felt the need to put in some effort.

The dresses were simple, something you had gone shopping for a while ago and were both still very happy with but now it was sorting out your hairs. Your hair didn't take too long to get into a simple style that still looked pleasant but when your turned towards Hermione, you realised it would take most of your time to sort it out. From the looks of it, she hadn't brushed her hair in a long time, and it stuck out in all directions in a tangled nest.

"This is going to hurt," you admitted to her.

"Just get it over and done with."

You tried to get your hairbrush through her hair, but it was a painful ordeal and with every stroke of the brush, you had to stop to untangle it several times. It barely looked like any progress had been made before you decided that you were going to have to dampen her hair to get anywhere with it. You grabbed a spray bottle filled with water and prepared yourself to tackle the large job again.

"Please put the spray bottle down," Hermione warned. "You don't need it."

"If we are going to get your hair to look like anything but a bird's nest, then we need everything we can to help. So, either let me use the spray bottle or I'm shaving your head to save me the trouble."

She instantly backed down, sitting silently in the chair, allowing you to spray her hair until she looked more like a drowned rat.

With a lot of time and effort, you managed to tame her hair and make it look like something presentable. It wasn't the most intricate hairstyle but it was something that helped accentuate her beauty and most importantly Hermione was happy with it.

"Thank you," she smiled warmly. "Do you think he's going to like it?"

You shrugged your shoulder. "It doesn't matter if he likes it, as long as you are happy in how you look then what does it matter what anyone else thinks?"

She nodded her head, pulling you into a hug before the two of you moved onto working on makeup and accessories.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.