Ron Weasley- Jumper (a)

The common room was the usual place to find people in the lead up to Christmas, Ron sat in front of the comforting fire, his knees tucked together as he stared into the flames.

"Another year gone, before you know it, we'll be out of here and free to do what we want." Ron smiled and twirled his wand around his fingers, you thought that he equally loved and hated Christmas his family wasn't exactly as affluent as some of the other families and some of them liked to let him know it. "It isn't much, but I got you a little something just as a thank you for helping me find my way around the school this year, being the new kid's hard wizard school or not and you helped a lot."

He clearly wasn't expecting anything but expressed his sincere gratitude as you handed over the box, it was a bit of a last-minute purchase so the wrapping wasn't as neat as you would have liked but it didn't survive long anyway.

"Bloody hell." He pulled the last few scraps of paper away and proudly held up the box of the antique wizard chess set that you found. "This is amazing! You shouldn't have spent this much money on me."

"It wasn't all that expensive." You assured him; you would never dream of telling him the actual price for it.

"I feel a bit dumb now." With great care he set the box down at his side and from behind a nearby cupboard pulled out his own badly wrapped gift. "It isn't as good as your one was so don't get your hopes up." From the slight tears in the thin paper you could already see the present poking through, looped bright red wool forming the shape of a wonderful jumper. You pulled the paper away and unfurled the garment, your initial adorned on the front in a wonderous, proud yellow. "I asked my mom to make it for you, she kind of has this tradition of making them for people."

As quickly as you could you pulled your head through the hole and slid your arms into it, it instantly cut out the bitter winter cold that seeped in through the old castle walls and loosely hung over you.

"I wasn't quite sure what size... so she had to guess."

"It's wonderful Ron, I love it." He smiled, such a kind soul.