Dean Thomas- Refuge (c)

Being held hostage was never ideal, no one ever complained because they hadn't been held hostage for a while, but it was an even worse fate when you were held hostage by the dark lord himself. You were thrown into the basement of Malfoy Manor along with a handful of other witches, wizards and one goblin, leaving you to rot until your captures wanted to toy with you. The only thing that kept you sane was having your boyfriend Dean by your side through the whole ordeal. You were certain that you would have lost your mind if you had not had him supporting you and the same in reverse.

After days of torture and captivity, you were all saved and taken to the home of Bill and Fleur. The two of you were allowed to shower and change into some borrowed clothes before being offered a spare room to recuperate. You returned to the room, a towel encapsulating your hair, and a pair of Fleur's pyjamas on, even though they didn't fit perfectly.

Dean had already showered and was sat on the bed, looking off into the distance.

"Dean," you whispered.

Instantly he snapped out of his trance, turning his attention to you and shooting you a weak smile.

"How was your shower?" He asked.

You shrugged your shoulder. "It can't wash everything away."

You made your way over to him, sitting down on the bed beside him, moving to rest your head on his shoulder, equally to comfort him with closeness but also to gain comfort.

"It's going to be okay," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to your towel covered head.

Desperately you wished that that was the case, however hope had begun to run thin and you weren't sure what the future would hold, simply from having the haunting memories of the last few days but also with the war imminent and the possibility for Voldemort to destroy the wizarding world.

"We can't go home," you whispered.

Having been kidnapped from your home, you knew that there wasn't anyway you would be able to return there, not just for the terrible memories it would hold but also it being the first place for the death eaters to look when searching for you.

"At least we can take refuge here for now," he said. "At least that's something."

You nodded your head.

"At least we've survived this long."

With that the two of you fell into silence and held each other whilst the thoughts of what had occurred to you along with hopes and fears of the future succumbed you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.