Andromeda Black- Friendship (c)

Although you were an academic person, you did hate some classes and the hell that came with them. Usually you enjoyed transfiguration, it was one of the subjects that you excelled in but you hated the fact that you were tasked with doing a group project for the class, being left to your own free will to pick your group. For most people that wouldn't be too bad, maybe a preferred means of doing work but for you it was the worst possible option that could have been given.

Friends weren't something you had an abundance of and everyone quickly found their groups for the project but you were left alone, panicking about who you would be able to work with as you had no one to rely on to work with. After class, you barely stepped away from the room before you slid down the wall, feeling defeat over friendships being your academic downfall. It felt as though there was nowhere to turn, and you planned to sit there alone until you either ran out of self-pity or needed to get to class, knowing it would likely be the latter to come first.

You looked up when someone joined you on the floor. A brunette Slytherin student whom you knew faintly from sharing some classes but having never had an in-depth conversation with her, not having spoken a lot with anyone other than professors.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a gentle smile.

"Yeah," you lied.

She shook her head at you. "I saw your face when we were told to work in groups, I thought you were going to pass out."

You shrugged your shoulders, not knowing how to word that you had the social capability of a mushroom.

"No one really likes me. I don't really have any friends; I don't really talk to anyone. Merlin, we have practically every class together and I don't even know your name. I'm never going to get someone to work with for this project."

She held out a hand to you. "Well firstly, I'm Andromeda and I'm not sure if you could tell but I'm not exactly a people person. Everyone assumes I'm going to be like my older sister Bella, people then are either scared of me or disappointed that I'm not batshit crazy. If you're okay with working with me, I'd be happy to work with you for this project. Not like anyone else is going to want to work with me."

You offered her a welcome smile and your hand, not knowing how socially isolated she had been either, maybe a friendship would do you good.

"I think we'd make a good team."

Andromeda nodded. "As do I."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.