Remus Lupin- Breakfast (c)

Your dream life had become a reality. You had fallen in love with Remus at school and you were finally married and in your home that the two of you had saved up for. Everything had fallen into place and you couldn't believe you were happy even if there was a war going on. Having your home and your husband gave you a slight escape from knowing there was a war that may lead to everyone you love dying.

You had awoken prior to Remus so decided to not wake him as he needed his rest. In the meantime, you decided to make breakfast. You weren't the best cook, but you could make a semi-decent breakfast for yourself and your husband. As you were finishing up, two arms snaked around your middle, making you jump.

Turning around you saw the face of the man you loved, holding you close.

"Good morning handsome," you smiled warmly turning your head to press a kiss to his lips.

"Good morning Love," he smiled in return.

You couldn't help but grin, knowing that you had such a perfect life, something you never thought you could get and something you were more grateful for than anything else.

"Sit down Love, I'm just finished breakfast."

He nodded his head, pecking your cheek before taking a seat at the table.

Finishing up the food, you took the two plates over to the table, placing one in front of Remus and putting the other in front of your seat.

"Thank you Love," he smiled.

"You're welcome."

Before he ate anything, he gave you a smile, and a look of genuine love.

"I can't believe how happy I am. You are the woman I love, and I get to call you my wife. We have a beautiful home and my life is practically perfect, I don't know what I did to get so lucky, but I am ever so grateful to have you here."

Your cheeks shone a dark red with the blush of embarrassment from his words. You were pretty sure he loved you but whenever he did tell you, it made everything feel real.

Remus reached his hand across the table to cup your hand with it. He rubbed his thumb against the back of your hand, a gentle smile on his face.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too Remus, and I am so glad that we are together."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by