George Weasley- Skating (c)

"Watch out!"

There wasn't enough time to heed the warning before someone hit your side, sending you both to the floor. You let out a grown, seeing George partially on top of you, in an equally pained and confused state.

"George!" Molly shouted, prodding his slumped form with her rolling pin. "Be more careful."

He let out a grunt rolling onto his back. "I'm trying but these things aren't easy to get used to."

George pointed to his feet where a pair of inline skates were. Although he had been using them non-stop for near to a month, he had spent nearly all his time on the floor rather than actually skating.

Before either of you were able to get up, Fred had made his way past you, wearing matching skates, but being far more graceful than his twin.

"Then why are you wearing the bloody things?" Molly frowned, assisting you to stand up but leaving him to figure it out on his own.

"You banned apparating in the house, this is the next best thing," he shrugged.

"Maybe if you could actually use them," Fred laughed.

At the start of the summer Molly had banned any apparition in the house for anyone, almost solely based on the twins using it to move from room to room, to not have to walk anywhere.

Soon after, they had visited your family. Your parents were muggles and didn't know what they were getting into when they let them visit but luckily, they didn't cause too much trouble. However, they ended up finding your skates that you had become fond of when you were home from school. They thought they seemed like a fun concept and bought a pair each, now using them to torture their poor mother.

"Again Molly, I'm really sorry," you apologised.

You didn't realise that they would take such a shine to them and you certainly didn't think they would use them as their only mode of transport around the house.

"It's not your fault dear," she smiled softly. "You can't help how much of a nuisance my boys can be."

"Hey!" The twins whined.

George attempted to stand back up but ended up falling back down, not having a good handle over the directions his feet wanted to go in.

"Can someone help me up?" He frowned.

You and Molly looked at each other before coming to the same conclusion. Turning back to the twin on the floor, you both shook your heads.

"No."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.