Neville Longbottom- Crush: Part 2 (c)

~*~ Four Years Later ~*~

After leaving Hogwarts and after the second wizarding war, there wasn't nearly as much time for you and Neville to spend time together. He'd gotten a job in Hogwarts as the Herbology teacher, whilst you'd gone on to work in the ministry, attempting to rebuild it to it's former glory with some of the Order. With your jobs, taking most of your time, it was hard to arrange time for each other, regardless of how close you'd been in school

The two of you sent frequent owls to each other, updating each other on your lives, but finally you decided it was about time to meet up in person again. You had never lost your feelings for Neville. As they said, distance makes the heart grow fonder.

You'd arranged a weekend that you could both meet at a restaurant near to Hogsmeade to catch up. You'd dressed up a bit too formal compared to what the restaurant seemed to suit, but you wanted to make a good impression. Maybe he liked you too? You knew he was a shy man, he'd have never had admitted if he did like you, but maybe finally he did want to tell you. It was wishful thinking, but you weren't betting on anything.

As you arrived, you told a waitress your surname and she led you over to a table for four that had been reserved for you. You ordered a water and waited there for Neville to arrive. You weren't sure when he would be there. It had been arranged for seven in the evening, but you were there ten minutes early. Maybe fifteen minutes later the waitress returned Neville in tow.

"Hi Nev," you smiled standing, pulling him into a hug.

"Hi Y/N," he smiled in return. "I know we arranged for just us, but I brought someone as I wanted you to meet her."

You paused pulling back. A blond woman moved to his side, taking his hand. Your heart dropped. She had gone to Hogwarts with you, and you knew she was in Hufflepuff, but you couldn't recall her name.

"This is Hannah," Neville stated. "My girlfriend."

Althoughit shocked you, a fake smile curled onto your lips as you went in to hug hertoo, not wanting to seem cold towards her. You may have been in love with Neville,but he was still your best friend and you wanted him to be happy, whether thatwent in line with your happiness or not.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.