Sirius Black- Padfoot (c)

People were cruel, especially children and teenagers, they were mean and nasty towards you for being different. Being quiet and shy you had hoped that you people would ignore your existence, let you get along with your day with the people you wanted to spend time with. Sadly, that was never the case, you were stuck getting hassled on your way between classes.

It had finally become too much, leaving you to head to one of the secluded benches off by the black lake where you hoped no one would find you.

As you sat there, you held your head in your hands, only looking up from the tear-filled palms when a weight fell into your lap. Looking down, the head of a large black dog lay there, its eyes looking desperately sad up at you. You attempted to give it a weak smile, but it felt impossible as though you would never be able to smile even at something you loved so dearly.

"Hey Pads," you smiled, stroking the hair on the top of its head.

Everything became easier when you had Padfoot around, he just seemed to lift a weight from your shoulders and allowed you to think clearer.

He let out a little whimper, rubbing his snout against your palm so that you would focus on petting him more. You went to stroke his head but before you could, he jumped up onto your lap and over to the bench next to you so that he could lay half in your lap and half over the bench.

Padfoot looked up at you, rubbing his nose against your cheek before licking your face making you try to push him away but nevertheless a laugh did escape from you too.

"Quit it Padfoot," you laughed pushing him away.

As you looked away to wipe away the slopped that coated your cheek you felt the fur disappear from beside you. Looking back towards where the black dog had been sat a dark-haired male sat.

"What's up buttercup?" Sirius smiled wrapping his arms around you to pull you into a hug.

You gave him a weak smile in return, resting your head onto his shoulder.

"Nothing anymore," you whispered. "Thank you for being there when I need you."

He chuckled rubbing his hand on your back. "I am always here for you Y/N, you need to ignore the others, you are perfect, they are just too blind to see that."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.