Ginny Weasley- Secret: Part 1 (c)

It wasn't unusual for you to stay at the burrow. You had known Ginny since you both started Hogwarts and you hit it off right away- just not in the way everyone knew. The two of you had started dating in second year, and you were happier than can be; no one else knew though. Everyone thought that you were best friends, you were, but also something so much more. You were completely in love with her, but Ginny didn't want anyone to know. At first you were happy with that, it was nice to have no one else interfering but now it felt as though maybe she wasn't happy with you or were ashamed of your relationship.

Whilst you stayed at the burrow, you shared a room with Ginny and Hermione, so when Hermione went to go hang out with Harry and Ron the two of you were left with the room alone. The two of you lay on the bed, holding hands, thinking of the world and discussing your relationship.

"I hate hiding," you sighed. "I hate hiding that I love you."

She propped herself up on her elbows so that she could look down at you.

"I'm sorry Y/N," she said softly, a solemn expression on her face.

"You don't have to be sorry Gin. I know it's terrifying. We don't know how people will react, we don't know what will happen, but I wish we could tell people. I wish I could kiss you and not worry about who is going to see. I wish I could just hold your hand when we walk to class, or be able to hug you without worrying if it seems too friendly. I just wish we could be a couple without these walls blocking us from everyone," you said softly.

She frowned at you. "I'm so sorry."

She had no reason to apologise. Yes, she had been the first to suggest that you should hide your relationship, but you agreed. You shouldn't have agreed if it was such an issue for you.

"Don't be sorry Ginny."

"I am happy with you Y/N," she smiled. "I love you more than anything, but I am not happy hiding. I want all that you want too. I want freedom in this relationship as much as you, but I don't know how."

You smiled at her, knowing that this was a start.

"We start of slow. Maybe tell Luna, and then maybe someone else, just start this off with the people we care about knowing and then everyone," you offered.

She nodded her head pressing her lips to yours. You were lost in the sensation of having her so close to you, having the woman you loved showing that she loved you. You were so lost that you didn't even notice the door opened until you heard the gasps of Hermione, Harry and Ron.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by