Remus Lupin- Pebble (c)

You couldn't help the smile that was curled on your lips as happiness and love overcame you. The man, whom you had loved since you first lay eyes on him, was down on one knee holding a dainty box, a glistening ring inside of it. Remus had spent the last few minutes reminding you of how much he loved you and how much he looked forward to a future with you and it was impossible to say no to such a sweet and heartfelt proposal.

Nodding your head, you exclaimed your response of yes before pulling him up onto his feet so that you could wrap your arms around him. It was a tight and loving embrace where neither of you wanted to let the other go, knowing that no matter what you would now have the certainty of a future together, not that you ever doubted that before. After a couple of minutes of hugs, Remus pulled back from the embrace, slipping the ring onto your finger, putting the box on the table, not caring about it anymore as it had done its purpose.

"I love you so much Remus," you grinned, pressing your lips to him.

"Not as much as I love you."

You knew you would be married one day but it was still a surprise that he had proposed to you today, something that you had been waiting for, for so long.

"I know a proposal is usually the man giving the woman a ring and that's it, but I have something for you too," you smiled awkwardly.

He nodded his head, a little confused.

You quickly rummaged through your handbag to find the small item you wanted. Taking the small pebble, you placed it into his hand.

"A pebble?" He said, a little confused.

"I know it's a little weird but hear me out," you chuckled. "It's an otter stone. Otters carry a little pebble, that is their favourite, around with them and they pass it over to their otter love as a sort of proposal. I know it is a little odd, but I thought it was kind of cute."

He smiled down at the tiny stone in his hand before leaning in to kiss you again.

"I will treasure it forever," he assured you. "It isn't weird at all. I think that it is incredibly sweet of you to think of actually, and I will love it forever, as I shall love you forever."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.