Bill Weasley- Promise: Part 4 (h)

Since the announcement of yours and Bill's relationship a couple of days prior, everyone had settled into the idea quite well.

It almost seemed as if the two of you had been going out for years.

Now you knew that some people may think it was a little bit fast for Bill, and you did still worry about that as it wasn't going to be easy but the only way to get through that was to talk to Bill about it.

With it being Christmas Eve, you didn't want to go into Christmas being worried about how you had been feeling.

You headed downstairs to see Bill playing Exploding Snap with Ron, the twins and Harry so when you caught Bill's eye you motioned for him to come outside with you.

He excused himself from the game, shrugged his coat on and followed you outside.

"Is everything okay?" he asked as he offered you his elbow.

You sighed, trying to find the confidence to tell him. "I'm worried."

"Worried about what love?"

You could hear the concern in his voice which worried you even more. "That this isn't going to work out, that this is too soon for you, that you'll miss Fleur more than you think."

Bill let out a deep breath. "Can I ask why it worries you?"

"Because something is just nagging at me that this is too soon, I don't even know why," you admitted. "But merlin Bill I'm so happy that we're together, I never thought that we would get together and I kind of just got used to that idea because Fleur made you so happy."

You could tell that Bill was nodding along with what you were saying. "She did make me happy; I can't deny that otherwise I would never have married her," he told you sincerely. "But Y/N, love, that's past tense – people change, circumstances change, lives change, and the war will always be proof of that."

Bill moved his free arm to rest his hand on top of yours. "I know I don't need to worry; you've reassured me more than enough, but I just don't want us to ruin anything, our friendship has been such a permanent thing for me over the years and the thought of losing that breaks me."

"Nothing that happens between us will ever ruin our friendship, I promise you that," he said as he squeezed your hand. "Our friendship is the base of our relationship, and yes I still have memories with Fleur, I always will but those are in the past and you have to believe me on that."

You stopped walking so that you could look up at Bill. "I do believe you Bill, I trust you more than anything and that includes everything you say," you explained to him. "My mind just works against me sometimes, and I feel as if other people are going to have so many questions."

Bill sighed again before he pulled you tightly into his arms. "Whatever anyone else thinks don't matter right now, who gives one that I'm divorced?" he questioned out into the air. "I know I don't, it's a part of my life that's made me like this now and it doesn't change anything about our relationship."

What he was saying was reassuring you, you were beginning to feel a bit better about things – you knew you had a penchant for overthinking.

"Love," Bill's voice made you look into his eyes again. "I want this, I want us, and I promise you that this relationship is something that I want to last. I wouldn't have asked you to be with me if it wasn't."

As you didn't even know what to say, you leant up to kiss him and he wrapped his arms around your waist as yours went around his neck.

"Now, can I go and enjoy Christmas Eve with my girlfriend?"

You laughed at his words but nodded. "I want to enjoy Christmas Eve with my boyfriend too."

He smiled and nuzzled his nose against yours. "Let's do it love."

~*~

Written by Hannah.