George Weasley- Detention (a)

Every second felt like an hour whilst waiting for the detention to end, every time you looked back at the clock it either had not moved or had seemed to move backwards, which was not something that you would put past Umbridge. She sat at the head of the class, seated behind a gargantuan solid desk writing a great deal of things down. Every scratch of the quill and every tick of the clock seemed to be magnified to have almost a thunderous boom. Unfortunately, there was no spell to get rid of anxiety or panic attacks, no incantation or magic potion could permanently get rid of its crippling effects and Pomfrey had warned you about all the short-term solutions and how dangerous they were and of course you hadn't told anybody else. Ever since Umbridge had been given the position of headmistress your panic attacks had gotten exponentially worse, not only the frequency but the duration and the amount of distress that you were under.

"Right!" Umbridge stood up from behind the desk and slowly walked in front of it. "I hope that you have had time to reflect on your disgraceful behaviour that you exhibited today." She leant in so closely that you could feel her breath on your face. "No more... incidents..." she whispered before picking her bag up from underneath the desk and briskly walking out. You were able to hold it in for the duration of the detention but as soon as she left you felt your anxiety bubble and splutter to the surface, as soon as the heavy door slammed behind her the world began to go blurry and before you knew it, you were being shook back into consciousness by either Fred or George, you were not sure which.

"Y/n..." One of them called out.

"Hmm?" You were not too sure where you were or what time it was. "Where am I?"

"One of the transfiguration classrooms." Fred answered, they both pulled out chairs to sit next to you. "We were walking past looking for an empty classroom to test out a prank in, George poked his head around the door and we found you." You looked at the clock, you had been out for about an hour. "What's wrong?" They both asked, not quite sure how to approach the situation.

"Oh... nothing..." Quickly, you stepped up to try and leave the room, but George grabbed your hand and stopped you.

"Now, now y/n, we don't have anywhere to be do we Fred?"

"No, we do not George."

"What is wrong? You can tell us. We won't tell anyone." George took hold of your hand with one of his, in unison they both raised two fingers.

"Scouts honour." They called out simultaneously. It was hard to keep the tears back as you told the twins about the problems you were facing, the anxiety, panic attacks and other mental health issues that you faced, for the whole time they both just listened, occasionally nodding and sometimes responding but for the most part they just listened.

"Well, Umbridge can be a bit of a-"George was interrupted by Fred.

"Now, now George, remember what mother told us about swearing."

"That's right Fred, only when it's about father."

For the first time in a while you felt a smile begin to form.

"Right Y/N, if you are in here with us anyway then you might as well make yourself useful and help us set up this prank. Umbridge is holding meeting in here in about half an hour anyway, we should probably make use of that time. Her, Snape, Filch, not often you get the trio of evil all in one place."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.