Neville Longbottom- Crush: Part 1 (c)

It did annoy you that there were negative stereotypes to do with Slytherin. You weren't a bully or an elitist, however spending your time around people in your house did help you see why the stereotypes existed. You were from a pureblood Slytherin family, they did believe in the blood purity that Slytherins were known for, but they weren't too bigoted by it, not treating muggles or muggleborns negatively, keeping their opinions to themselves. Sadly, not everyone was like that.

Rarely did you spend time with people from your house, preferring to spend time with you best friend. Neville was a pureblood Gryffindor, which although pure of blood, it didn't matter as he wasn't in your house. Many of your house had parents who'd been in the war, like his, however they were on opposing sides. Hogwarts was close enough to a war now, good versus evil.

Neville was a good person, he was caring and gentle, that was a weakness to some. As happened most days, he didn't get to have a peaceful time. He was stood in the hall, minding his own business when two seventh year Slytherin's gave him a hard time. Before you were able to intervene, they had walked away, so you quickly followed after them.

"Petrificus totalus," you whispered, pointing your wand at the two of them as they turned into an empty hallway.

Both boys, limbs snapped together as they fell backwards onto the floor. You sauntered over to them, standing over them both. Although they couldn't speak or react to anything, you knew they could hear you as you bent down to them.

"Stay away from Neville Longbottom, if I find out you've given him any trouble, any at all, I will end you. Believe me, you'll wish you were only petrified," you hissed. "Now I'm going to leave you here until the spell wears off, but if I hear you've even made a snide comment in the same vicinity as him, and I will do something to make you regret ever being born."

With that you stood up, composing yourself before heading back around the corner to Neville, who was still focused looking down at his black shoes, having wiped away all of his tears, just leaving the trails of his tears down his cheeks.

"You okay Nev?" You smiled softly.

You hated seeing him sad, but you knew the best way to face his bullying was without him knowing. He'd been your best friend since your first day at Hogwarts. Not that he knew the fact, but you liked him more than you wished to admit.

He sniffed, trying to remove the last remnant of his tears. "Yeah."

"Good," you smiled, rubbing his shoulder gently.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.