Sirius Black- The Shack (c)

As a good professor and friend of his mother and father, you followed Harry and his friends to the Shrieking Shack, not fully sure why they were headed there but knowing that Remus would need to go there later for the full moon, you couldn't let them go there without knowing.

You were a little behind them, not wanting them to see you, so when you arrived in the shack, Harry and Hermione were stood in front of Ron whom was collapsed on the floor, painfully clutching his ankle, a dishevelled man stood before them. It was a man you didn't think you'd see again, and you certainly didn't know why he was there and you didn't know if you were truly happy to see him.

"if you want to kill Harry, you'll- you'll... have to kill us too!" Hermione shouted, holding out her wand towards Sirius.

"No," he stated. "Only one will die tonight."

You rolled your eyes at the drama queen that had been your childhood sweetheart.

"Then it will be you," Harry shouted, swinging his wand back ready to cast a spell.

"Expelliarmus," you shouted, disarming Harry, making yourself known to the room as you walked into the dim light to stand between the children and the escaped felon.

"What?" Hermione said confused.

"Enough of this," you demanded. "Now is not the time to be ominous Sirius. What are you doing here?"

He let out a laugh, shrugging his shoulders. "You know me; I can't resist a good dramatic entrance."

"You didn't answer my question."

Before he was able to say anything, the werewolf you had been worried about originally entered the room, looking confused by the amount of people there but having more of a clue than you did as to what was going on.

"He killed my parents," Harry shouted. "He sold them out to Voldemort."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "That wasn't me. Although he is in this room."

You were confused. You had always believed that Sirius was innocent, you knew he would rather die than ever have let James get hurt, let alone get him killed. You didn't know who had sold them out but you had always known it wasn't Sirius.

"Your parents changed their secret keeper," Sirius stated. "Peter Pettigrew. None of us would have thought he was a death eater."

"Peter is alive," Remus added. "You do recall what he could become, don't you Y/N?"

You paused. He was a rat; both as an animagi and just being a sick and twisted human who wasn't as trustworthy as you had all once agreed. That was when you recalled that Ron had a pet rat, one he still had with him.

"The Weasley's rat?" You asked. "He was here at Hogwarts all of this time."

"No!" Ron exclaimed. "Not Scabbers. What are you talking about?"

You smiled at your two old friends. "Peter is going to get what he deserves."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.