Ginny Weasley- Admitting Feelings (c)

"Stop being a little bitch and do it."

It wasn't the most normal of phrases especially not coming from Ginny whilst she was alone in her room. You were currently staying with her family, the two of you having been best friends for years and were on your way to get her for lunch but were thrown off by hearing her talking to herself. You couldn't think of anyone whom knew you better or whom you knew better, than Ginny, you had known each other since you both joined Hogwarts and instantly hit it off, just you had always wanted something more. You doubted that Ginny liked you as more than a friend or even if she liked girls at all, and you weren't about to ruin such a valued friendship, instead keeping your interest in secret and staying beyond happy as her friend.

"Gin?" You called through the door, pushing it open.

She jumped away from the mirror which she had just been stood in front of, her cheeks becoming inflamed and a nervous expression etching upon her face. One thing you had always admired about Ginny was how fearless she was, so seeing her in such a concerned state currently did worry you.

"Are you okay?" You asked. "I heard you shouting, were you shouting at yourself?"

"H-How much did you hear?" She croaked

"You calling someone a little bitch," you stated honestly, having only just walked up to her bedroom door.

She let out an awkward laugh, running a hand through her tussled red hair. Ginny was trying to act nonchalant over the matter, but you could see the uncertainty in her eyes, something you disliked seeing.

"I was just trying to build up my courage to talk to you about something but honestly it doesn't matter any."

You narrowed your eyes at her, knowing that if she was visibly nervous then it was important.

"You're the bravest person that I know Gin, you can tell me anything," you smiled softly, giving her arm a reassuring squeeze.

Ginny let out a loud huff as a way to encourage herself to tell you the truth.

"Why is this so hard?" she grunted. "Come on Weasley, you can do it."

You offered her a warm smile. "Hey, it's okay, there isn't a rush."

She didn't pay attention to your words, focusing on what she wanted to say. "I'm in love with you." Her tone was far angrier than any admittance to romance should be but nevertheless, you were just happy that she did like you too, something that had played on your mind for too long. "I just didn't want you to hate me for liking you."

You let out a laugh, realising you had both been beating yourselves up when you should have just admitted how you felt. Instead of saying anything more, you cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a passionate kiss, letting her know that she wasn't alone in how she felt.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.