Ron Weasley- Doubt (c)

The quidditch game had finished over half an hour prior and Ron still hadn't come out of the changing room. You had scene the rest of the Gryffindor quidditch team leave and when you asked Harry about your boyfriend, he said that he would be out soon enough. That had been at least ten minutes ago.

Although you weren't male nor a Gryffindor, you made your way into their changing rooms, presuming no one else would be in there anyway. There you found Ron sat on one of the benches, still in his quidditch uniform, broom in hand. He seemed completely lost to his thoughts, not even stirring when you made your way into the room.

You sat down next to him, but he didn't react until you rested a hand upon his shoulder, knocking him out of whatever thoughts he allowed himself to be consumed by.

"Are you okay?" You asked him, giving him a gentle smile.

He nodded his head, but you knew he was lying to you.

"What's wrong?" You questioned, wrapping an arm around him, resting your head on his shoulder.

"I really messed up," he sighed. "I let two quaffles past, we would have won the game if I hadn't done that."

You shook your head at him. He wasn't the best quidditch player, but he was passionate and had become a lot better in recent weeks, you had great hope that he would catch up to his peers soon. Nevertheless, he blamed himself far more than he should, he disregarded the fact that there were more people on the field than just himself, but he would blame himself for everything that went wrong.

"You can't blame yourself Ron," you said softly. "Yeah, one of those quaffles you should have got but Ravenclaw got the snitch, there was no way, saving those two quaffles was going to change anything, you'd have just lost by twenty points less."

"It doesn't matter, they'd be better off without me on the team," he huffed.

"Don't be stupid. You put too much pressure on yourself. Think about when we all play at the burrow, you enjoy yourself and don't worry about it, you need to learn to do the same when playing proper games. Both your brothers and Harry are there, just try to pretend its us playing in the garden."

"Maybe that will help," he whispered.

"It'll be okay, Ron, I promise," you said softly, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

A weak smile curled onto his lips. "Thank you, Y/N."

"Anytime."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.